Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2019, 04:54 AM   #1

97 boxster

I just purchased this and have replaced the tires (Nitto Motivo) and done an air filter and oil change. I am putting a feeler out there as I am not sure if I want to invest the time into this or sell it and buy a 987 instead. It has 87k miles and runs great, but it needs some help. Here are the known issues - The struts need to be replaced, there may be some other suspension pieces that need refreshed (i.e. ball joints and strut mounts). The convertible top is manual, I believe the transmission gear is stripped (known issue), it works fine but has to be done by hand. The a/c does not work. The interior could use a solid cleaning. There is a vibration noise when holding speed - this could be a heat shield, motor/trans mount, or something else. The drivers fender has a decent dent it it and there are a few other small dings. It does run great and has low miles for the year. $5500 with the hardtop or $4700 without. Currently Pending sale on a PPI

Images do not seem to be working, check here for photos: https://imgur.com/a/Xy1KIK1

Last edited by bmaharg; 11-18-2019 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Pending
bmaharg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 12:51 PM   #2

pending - in the shop for a PPI

bmaharg is offline   Reply With Quote