Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2016, 10:10 PM   #1

Wanted rear cable release guide

I'm not sure what to call this except a guide. Recently my rear trunk actuator went out and after disassembling the lock mechanism I found that my emergency cable had no guide, just laying in the metal area above the solenoid or actuator that opens the trunk when you push the button. What I need is the black guide at the top of the picture...I have drawn an arrow to the actual item.

Thanks
Dwight

Pdwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 05:15 AM   #2

Dwight - did you check w/Woody? He should have a boatload of them.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdwight View Post
I'm not sure what to call this except a guide. Recently my rear trunk actuator went out and after disassembling the lock mechanism I found that my emergency cable had no guide, just laying in the metal area above the solenoid or actuator that opens the trunk when you push the button. What I need is the black guide at the top of the picture...I have drawn an arrow to the actual item.

Thanks
Dwight

Dwight, I'm pretty sure you need the whole cable to get the end piece, the cables are available new for a reasonable rice or you can buy one used. I have a used cable available
-Mark 9042331369
diff operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:09 PM   #4

Never post early or very late

I realized there is no way to just add this....not without cutting the cable which would be stupid. When I replaced my Actuator I made a loop out of a heavy zip tie that should be good forever.
Pdwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 10:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdwight View Post
I realized there is no way to just add this....not without cutting the cable which would be stupid. When I replaced my Actuator I made a loop out of a heavy zip tie that should be good forever.
That's hilarious. I was certain that was not serviceable. Glad touch found a solution

diff operator is offline   Reply With Quote