Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2016, 02:32 PM   #1

01 Base Artic Silver 104K Miles

Hello,

I posted a few weeks ago that I was considering selling my Boxster because I am expecting my first child. After much thought and discussion with my wife I have decided selling is the right thing to do. I am also changing careers and where I am in my life it just makes more sense to sell. I don't really need to sell until March but I have made up my mind and can pull the trigger anytime. I would like to get 8K for everything and would like to know if you think that is reasonable.

Purchased the car 5 years ago at 72K miles, been used as my daily since. Currently sitting at 104K. Major service was done at time of purchase. Oil Changes done religiously (every 3-4K miles). A few months ago I got a CEL for a misfire, replaced spark plugs, coil packs, Spark plug tubes, Fuel filter, Drive belt and did transmission service at dealer. I have receipts for everything.

Upgrades- Benn006 short shifter, Rennline aluminum shift knob, Top speed cat back exhaust and muffler, Wind deflector with edge lighting from nine8six, and JVC head unit and speakers with iPhone hookup. Basically all the coolest upgrades found on this forum.

Also have two sets of wheels, the stock 17's and a set I purchased from a fellow 986 memeber http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-parts-sale-wanted/58420-18-cararra-wheel-set.html

I put summer Toyo's on those wheels they only have about 2k miles on them, the stock 17's have all weather continental extremes with 60% tread left.

I also have a bunch of extra's, Red center caps that are currently on the car, an extra set of not colored brand new from Porsche center caps, original cats/muffler, original shifter, shift boot with red stitching, extra shift boot frame, Porsche license plate frame, 986 emblem I never put on because I like the way it looked debadged, extra ignition switch, drivers side only clear side marker, Porsche Boxster car cover.

I have not done anything to the IMS or clutch since i've owned the car. It's not likely the IMS has been addressed, it's a coin toss on whether or not it's the original clutch but it feels strong just like the day I bought it.

So if $8K reasonable for the whole kit and caboodle? I'd rather not deal with selling the wheels and extra's separately but I could.

On a personal side note I have spent the last year working in sales at a Porsche Dealer in Virginia. All the service records will show the employee rate for labor and I am technically a certified Brand Ambassador, I dont think that affects the sale price but it's just something I wanted to share.

Let me know if you are interested and if you think $8K is fair

Pics to follow

Old 10-03-2016, 03:03 PM   #2

Car Staged In Front of Dealer
[IMG][/IMG]

Red Center Caps
[IMG][/IMG]

SkyBreaker Thingy
[IMG][/IMG]
Link the forum thread here
http://986forum.com/forums/diy-project-guides/54705-porsche-wind-deflector-edge-lighting-[-cad-prototyping-finish].html

Car Cover
[IMG][/IMG]

Stock 17"s
[IMG][/IMG]

Extras
[IMG][/IMG]

Oil Pan
[IMG][/IMG]

Shift Knob And Head Unit
[IMG][/IMG]
Forum Thread Ball bearing short shifter !

I will gladly post more detailed pictures of any part of the car or answer any specific questions.

Thank you
Old 10-03-2016, 03:43 PM   #3

My .02....
You have the car priced toward upper end of value range. Not saying you should drop price. You have about a 5-6 week window to sell before winter will affect the car's value.

Best of luck.

Might want to add details on condition of top, rear window and interior.

dghii is offline   Reply With Quote