Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2017, 05:47 PM   #41

Man you're killing me!

Hardtop is a must. And the exhaust. And the S brakes. And the IPD... And and and...

Let me sleep on it.

And how do you know it's "me"?

Last edited by Javi Cooper; 01-23-2017 at 07:02 PM.
Javi Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:36 PM   #42

OK just so I can mull this over, do you have the following stock parts?

- Exhaust. Does the factory exhaust bolt right on?
- Front bumper
- Trunk lid. From your description sounds like the aerokit also uses a different trunk lid, correct? So maybe you have the base one?
- Stereo, including all speakers
- Wheels

If the Aerokit trunk lid is just a regular lid with holes drilled through it, how many holes are there and how big?

The things I can reaaaally do without are the rear wing and the stereo with speakers.

Last edited by Javi Cooper; 01-23-2017 at 07:25 PM.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:19 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi Cooper View Post
OK just so I can mull this over, do you have the following stock parts?

- Exhaust. Does the factory exhaust bolt right on?
- Front bumper
- Trunk lid. From your description sounds like the aerokit also uses a different trunk lid, correct? So maybe you have the base one?
- Stereo, including all speakers
- Wheels

If the Aerokit trunk lid is just a regular lid with holes drilled through it, how many holes are there and how big?

The things I can reaaaally do without are the rear wing and the stereo with speakers.
Aerokit rear decklid is a different factory part. It's fiberglass, several inches longer to cover the gap where the pop-up spoiler resides and deletes the dip where the center brake light sits. There are also some plastic pieces that mount to the car to cover several gaps where the pop-up spoiler sits. 2 holes to mount the spoiler.

And I'll buy the rear wing/decklid when the deal is done if it's not wanted.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:27 AM   #44

As stated below he is correct. You are out of your mind if you don't want the aero parts!! The front bumper is a real 996 GT3 bumper with oem splitter, the rear deck lid is lighter being fiberglass and the wing with front bumper give great downforce. The stereo and speakers are in the car and are not worth me pulling out to sell for 50.00. I have stock mufflers that just bolt back on. I do not have stock bumper as this car came with the factory aerokit on it. I just swapped to the gt3 bumper and sold the aerokit 1 bumper.

Also things I am remembering there are the larger 997 front brake ducts to assist in cooling. The muffler that is on the car now (borla) is new and legit has 2 miles on it.
Tires and wheels have not many miles at all on them.

This car is such a deal and makes me sad to see it my driveway as it beautiful and a great driver. It saddens me to let it go but I have no room or use for it. I know what I have into it makes No difference to anyone buying it but I purchased the car for over 28k and have an easy 20k into. I have no financial reason to sell this car. I just don't drive it with 2 kids, NY weather, running businesses and lack of space. So when people ask whats the best deal, the proof is in the pudding. This car is a deal for the right person. Rant is over.
Ebay Headers, Fabspeed high flow cats, JIC Cross, IPD Plenum, H&R Coilovers, B&M Short Shifter, AEM Uego Gauge Type Analog, Apexi S-AFC Select, 987 air box, Litronics, 2000 Tails and side markers, painted center console, 18" 987 S-Wheels, GT3 Front bumper with splitter.
JAAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 06:33 AM   #45

I am not pulling apart this car to make it affordable. If you want me to lower the price there are things I will pull. Cats, muffler, hardtop, IPD, Front Bumper, S-brakes that are a separate sale and not included already, wide band 02 sensor and gauge and I won't replace them. The car can be as after that.
Ebay Headers, Fabspeed high flow cats, JIC Cross, IPD Plenum, H&R Coilovers, B&M Short Shifter, AEM Uego Gauge Type Analog, Apexi S-AFC Select, 987 air box, Litronics, 2000 Tails and side markers, painted center console, 18" 987 S-Wheels, GT3 Front bumper with splitter.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:32 PM   #46
98 Arctic silver 986

Garage
Haha this car is such a killer deal just the way it sits. If I had the money and the room I would buy this car in a second. It makes me sad I can't buy it actually. I don't know maybe i'm just crazy, but I think this car is about perfect. GLWS
tommy583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:18 PM   #47

Tommy, come buy it! I want it to go to a good home.

My rant was in general. Not directed at one person. My frustration is spilling out onto my keyboard.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:21 PM   #48

I thought about it and I think I'd keep the aerokit. It didn't look right at first - reminded me of like Jay Leno's chin - but after looking at some others I think it's just the camera angle and the Cayman wheels.

I asked about the stock parts because another option was to install some of them back and sell what I don't want or need. Makes little sense paying good money for a modded Boxster and then start spending more money on modding it again. Though it's now less of an issue if I plan to keep the aerokit.

I think I can do withoutthe calipers for now. If they're good enough for Spec Boxsters they're good enough for me. Granted, their cars are lighter but I'm also slower.
Old 01-24-2017, 02:15 PM   #49

Javi, this was not an attack on you. I am dealing with multiple possible buyers that are telling what they want to do to the car and what they don't need or need. I have a 2 other serious buyers. One local one distant.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:25 PM   #50

Deposit sent. Sale pending!!!

Thanks Jay
Old 01-24-2017, 06:58 PM   #51

Sale is pending!
Old 02-12-2017, 06:14 AM   #52

Sold and off to a warmer climate. She will love it there. Miami bound. Good luck to the new owner. I hope he has many of happy smiles and miles as I did over the past decade and some. I will still be checking in here from time to time as I am still a car enthusiast and love these cars. If I can help with any knowledge I have gained over my entire ownership I would me more than happy to pay it forward and share. I will admit I am sad to see her go. I was not driving my 986 anymore with having 2 kids so it is better that it is now getting used.

- Jason
Old 02-14-2017, 07:52 PM   #53

Thanks Jason!

Yeah I'm stoked with my new Boxster. Car was just as described and Jay was very helpful. One of the best sellers I've dealt with.

I'm still tired as hell after the drive (yes, I drove it home for 24 hours straight - long story) so I'll post pics in it's new sunny home soon.