Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2016, 10:40 AM   #1

LS3 V8 Porsche Boxster S - 480HP conversion

Greetings everyone,

I've got other projects in mind and it is time to move onto the next phase so I am officially offering my LS3 V8 Boxster for sale.

Offered for sale at $42,500.

2000 Porsche Boxster S - LS3 V8 Conversion -480 HP-
Approx. 145K on chassis, Just over 3,000 miles on conversion~
Grey/grey and is not perfect but in overall very good shape. Convertible top is fairly new and has a upgraded glass rear window. Lots of small dents that unfortunately I caused a lot of leaning over the car during installation but nothing horrible. Drivers seat back bolster is torn and worn from getting in/out of the car, things like that but nothing that can't be fixed~ We have the technology, we can rebuild it~

The car was just weighed on a set of Longacre racing scales with approx. 1/2 a tank of gas weighed in at 2,991 pounds with the "quiet" exhaust system which adds about 50 pounds~

I have had a lot of fun with this project but it is time to let this one go and move onto bigger and better things. I completed the conversion myself and documented the process which you can read about and watch progress videos here:

BoxsterLS376 introduction - LS3 conversion :)

The car is EXTREMELY FAST. Using Horsepower to Weight calculators it is capable of a 1/4 mile time around 11 seconds flat at approx 125MPH which is just about what a brand new Corvette Z06 will run!!

All parts purchased new unless otherwise noted~
Conversion bits include but not limited to the following:

2013 Chevy crate motor, LS376/480 376CI 6.2 Liter All-Aluminum V8 with optional GM hotcam, Makes 480 Horsepower and 475 pound-feet of torque! Nice shakey cam you can feel in your butt $8,200~

GM factory controller kit including ECU, Throttle pedal, Oxygen sensors etc. Everything needed to run the new engine AND make it EMISSIONS COMPLIANT!!! Car is currently registed in Georgia with current emissions but please check your local laws. $1,200~

Renegade Hybrids full installation kit used...plus a lot more... Renegade Hybrids - Basic installations kit, Power steering kit and ALL optional parts were installed on this vehicle, Meziere Electric water pump, High performance clutch etc. $7,000~

CSF Aluminum radiators - all 3 - $1,500
Porsche Heater Core - $300
Porsche Coolant Reservoir tank - $350
USED Corvette C5 engine mount brackets - $150
Hinson Supercars Urethane Engine Mounts - $200
WEVO Boxster V8 transmission mounts - $200
High flow Vibrant Catalytic Converters - $300
Magnaflow Mufflers and X-Pipe - (Quiet Touring Exhaust) - $500
Additional set of muffler bypass pipes~
IMI High Torque Starter - $250
FEQ Aftermarket Axles - $300
H&R RSS Coil over suspension - $2000
Fully rebuilt brake calipers, powdercoated - $800
Hawk HP Plus brake pads, Stainless steel brake lines, new Rotors - $1000
Customer Fiberglass rear firewall
Refinished Xenon headlights - look like new!
Plus lots more...

The car is solid, reliable and supercar fast. No joy rides. If you want to test drive it bring a $10,000 cash deposit. You break it, you buy it.

Last edited by BoxsterLS376; 02-23-2016 at 04:56 AM.
BoxsterLS376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 04:58 AM   #2

Bump, price drop. Any interest before it goes up for public sale?

Fry? Bueller? Anyone?

BoxsterLS376 is offline   Reply With Quote