Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2015, 08:30 PM   #1

Garage
FS: 2002 Boxster S

2002 Porsche Boxster “S”, Lapis Blue Metallic with optional Black Leather interior. 88,xxx miles

Meticulously maintained by motorsports technician, my brother who I bought it from. Our dad was a porsche mechanic since he was a teenager and we grew up on them as well. The car has been looked after like a professional race team would, logging parts/miles/maintenance, etc. This car has been very well-cared for and has the right modifications, done properly. You will not be disappointed.

Modifications are:

Stainless brake lines

Brake fluid flush every year regardless of miles (Ate Super Blue or Gold)

CV boots replaced as well as axle bearings repacked

Left rear axle replaced as well as wheel bearing (was chasing a vibration that turned out to be faulty front wheel spacers. They are now gone, along with the vibration)

Cleaned throttle body/MAF sensor every year

Denso Iridium plugs

Zimmerman front rotors with Akebono Euro ceramic pads (hardly any brake dust and great performance)

Factory Porsche 993 Turbo hollow spoke wheels (7.5” front, 10” rear). Professionally bead blasted and painted gloss black.

Kenwood Double Din head unit with Garmin, JL Audio amp and Audison speakers professionally installed.

Virtually all suspension parts have been replaced with the exception of front lower control arms. All rear arms have been replaced.

Laser aligned by professional chassis/race shop

Porsche Rest of World (non-US) Factory Sport suspension installed (option code M030). Consists or sport struts/springs, sway bars and bushings

New coolant expansion tank (common problem)

New air/oil separator (another common problem and pain to install)

All amber lights have been removed and replaced with Euro clear/smoked lights, Carrera halogen headlights with clear corners installed

Replaced clutch (friction plate, spring and all the various misc parts at 55k miles. While in there a new Rear Main Seal ws placed, flushed tranny fluid, and most importantly upgraded Intermediate Shaft Bearing to LN Engineering ceramic hybrid bearing

Replaced motor mount with Cayman mount

Some interior parts re-finished with real black Alcantara (microfiber suede)

Oil changed every 5000mi with Motul X-Clean 8100 5W-40

Softronic ECU flash ($1000 ECU tune), and headers installed.

You can find a Boxster for less money, but it may cost you way more later. This car is dialed in, extremely well-maintained and is the most fun you have ever had.

I'm asking $16K, on the East SF Bay Craigslist, but a better deal can be had for a forum member. Text me at 5three0 391 five567, cheers! New baby means it doesn't get loved much anymore.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:05 PM   #2

Big plus on a clean and maintained Boxster. If I were in the market this car would be on my list.
89 944 S2
78 911SC
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 04:27 AM   #3

Very clean car, probably amongst the best you will find mechanically. I wish I was looking for a car now, instead of last year, i would not have passed this up. Glws, although a car like yours will not need the luck ☺

amitmishra4 is offline   Reply With Quote