Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2014, 01:25 PM   #1

FS: 2003 Base with upgrade to 3.2 with LN IMS bearing

Just in time for Christmas. A beautiful Christmas Guards Red 2003 Base that just had a 3.2L installed after the original 2.7L lost the IMS bearing. 5 speed manual with less than 5K on clutch. New LN Engineering intermediate shaft bearing installed. New RMS, newer clutch, new AOS, new spark plugs, air filter, oil filter, etc. Aftermarket Kenwood bluetooth/i-Phone HD Pandora radio and new speakers. Black interior with no tears. Aggressive aftermarket VOXX wheels. Good tread on tires. 89K on car. 60K on engine. As you know, 2003 was first year for glass window. Top is in good shape, has some scuffs, but no tears.

Been waiting for sunny day to take photos, but with Christmas approaching, I wanted to get this red sleigh on the market. Located in Decatur, IL asking price is $14,500.

Xcellr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:48 AM   #2

A few more photos

Old 12-18-2014, 11:57 AM   #3

Interior photos

Still waiting for a sunny day for some real quality photos, and it looks like its time for a detail. However, I've had a few indicate their interest and ask for photos of the interior. Also, the tires are Sumitomo HTR ZIII. The built in radar detection system is Passport. The Kenwood Excelon model number is KDC-X796, rates 4.5/5.0 on Crutchfield and has the remote. The front bumper cover has minimal road rash, but does have some. There are two keys. The mesh wind screens and center wind stop are included.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:39 PM   #4

Big motor and a GLOVEBOX!
woodsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 07:56 PM   #5

Listed on auction site

Hi guys,
FYI, if you are interested I've listed this Boxster on eBay with a reserve well below the asking price. Bidding got up to $10,100 last time it was listed, just missing the reserve. Buy now to get the low winter price. In spring, this will be worth a few thousand more.

Thanks, Joe
Old 01-13-2015, 12:11 PM   #6

New Low PRICE - $11900

Appreciate all the interest. Had a few PM here and several over at eBay, but we have yet to put a deal together. Maybe it's my expectations that were out of line. Therefore, I'll drop the price. If you have been watching, but figured it was out of your price range, this ought to help.

Thanks again,
Joe
Old 01-24-2015, 03:41 PM   #7

Reserve has been met. Car sells to highest bidder!

Thought the group might want to know, the reserve has been met on this 2003.

It absolutely will sell to the highest bidder!!!

Ends this Monday night.

Porsche Boxster Base Convertible 2 Door | eBay
Old 01-24-2015, 07:37 PM   #8

Wow! 10.5k reserve. Someone is going to get a great deal!
Bryanf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 03:26 AM   #9

Garage
The only question I have about this Boxster is the fact that it has a 3.2 engine without the 3rd radiator. Does it run hot? It looks like a great deal; I'm just curious about using the 2.7 plumbing system with a 3.2 motor.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:05 AM   #10
still plays with cars...

Garage
Something similar was done from the factory...
The MkI 996's with manual transmissions ran only 2 rads with a 3.4, and they're virtually a mechanical copy of what Xcellr8 has done, but with more motor.
Nice looking ride, GLWS.
Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | LN Dual Row IMSR | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation

Last edited by BoxsterSteve; 01-25-2015 at 04:08 AM.
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 09:38 AM   #11

Third radiator is available

I have not had the engine in the car through a summer yet, so I can't speak to how it will handle the heat on a hot day. No problems at all so far.

I do have the third radiator but never got around to installing it. If someone on this board is high bidder and buys the car (yes, unfortunately that is two steps as there are so many non-paying bidders), just send me a PM and, I'll throw the third radiator in with it.

Appreciate the discussion,
Joe
Old 01-27-2015, 10:32 AM   #12

Sold, Sold, Sold

For those with an interest in market values. This 2003 Boxster sold last night for $11,100. Interest was good, with nearly 1000 views, 50 plus on watch list, and three interested bidders at the end. So, for an internet auction, this is probably an accurate value. I'm a little disappointed because I thought putting the 3.2L into the car would have added more value, but now I'm not so sure and a 2.7L engine would have cost about $1000 less. Some potential bidders were put off because the car was now so far from stock. They would have accepted that the 2.7L was from another car, but they could not accept that a 3.2L without a third radiator, or without the 6 speed tranny. Had I done that work, they then probably would have said, yes, but what about the brakes and suspension. So, if I were to do it again, I'd put in the engine it came with. Just my thoughts.

Next project is a real S. I've got a few of them.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:20 AM   #13

Xcellr8, I can understand their concerns over the missing 3rd radiator, but the 6 speed? The 5 speed tranny is quite capable of handling the extra power and it makes the car faster on the low end! Brakes and suspension are a non-issue as well. No one is driving this boxster on this side of the pond on an autobahn...

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote