Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2013, 12:20 AM   #1

Thumbs up Custom CF Cayman Hardtop, Manual, Low Miles- DE-LISTED

Removed. I apologies to the people who might sincerely be interested in my car. Due to the high volume of people contributing non productive commentary, I have had to remove this ad.

Last edited by bravosd6; 01-05-2014 at 07:33 AM.
bravosd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:33 PM   #2

Last edited by bravosd6; 01-05-2014 at 07:40 AM.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:50 PM   #3

Garage
I assume $20,K includes a clear title & the legally required recent smog check certificate?
Old 01-04-2014, 09:02 PM   #4

I assume you didn't read what I wrote, was pretty clear about that and also was pretty clear about how to contact me. If you are trying to patronize my thread please don't. I don't comment in yours. I can tell right off the bat your not someone I am interested in passing my car off to.

Best
Old 01-05-2014, 06:57 AM   #5

So you're saying that anyone who responds to your thread gets automatically blacklisted by you?
2015 FIAT 500e "Nikki" my commuter car
ChrisZang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:13 AM   #6
Theoretical propagandist

Garage
I think the questions were valid and they were not addressed in your post above. If you are looking to sell for the amount of money you have listed, I would suggest a better tact when responding to folks on the sight...otherwise you come off sounding like a troll yourself.

Good luck with the sale otherwise.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZang View Post
So you're saying that anyone who responds to your thread gets automatically blacklisted by you?
Is that what said?
Old 01-05-2014, 07:23 AM   #8

Troll? Exactly, because I comment in all of your threads, fine if the majority of people have no productive commentary I will remove my listing.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:25 AM   #9

i would imagine going to view this vehicle in person would be very similar to getting a bowl of soup from the soup nazi on seinfeld. No boxster for you!!
oc-boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:39 AM   #10
Theoretical propagandist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravosd6 View Post
Troll? Exactly, because I comment in all of your threads, fine if the majority of people have no productive commentary I will remove my listing.
I said sounding like a troll. Now you just sound like and angry person who got up on the wrong side of the New Year and you still have not answered whether or not it is a clear title and passed the smog test.

...oh before you go off like more of a$$... if you are screening who you will or will not grace with "passing your Boxster off to" you might want to consider just closing this sale. Sounds like you are looking for more of a hook up than seriously moving your Boxster.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:59 AM   #11

To the original poster:
I just want to extend the courtesy of a productive response to you:
BYprodriver asked a very valid question, which is only answered if one reads very carefully between the lines in your post. And you responded very angrily and also wrote "also was pretty clear about how to contact me" which means to me "dude, contact me directly or I don't respond".
So here's the deal: the car is obviously not street legal and will never be for a bunch of separate reasons. That makes it a dedicated track car. But you can not even drive it on two of the three racetracks around here (Laguna-Seca and Thunderhill) as they have sound limits, that leaves you with Infineon only or Buttonwwillow if you don't mind trailering 200+ miles. So I am very hard pressed to understand what the purpose of this car is.
I think you put a lot of very nice work in it, but finding a buyer who can make any use of this car will not only be hard but also require sales and people skills...

good luck with sale
2015 FIAT 500e "Nikki" my commuter car

Last edited by ChrisZang; 01-05-2014 at 10:02 AM.
ChrisZang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:32 AM   #12
Damn Yankee

Garage

Just sayin'..............

TO
TeamOxford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:47 AM   #13

Thread is closed. Those were answered in the original post. As mentioned if you are the type of person concerned with the already answered questions, who doesn't drive highly modified cars, it's probably not the car for you. I have all the legal paper work you'd need for an auto sale in california. I will not sit here and litigate myself. If you are looking for a car specifically like mine. You will call me to ask me your questions. Serious people will leave their number in a PM, or email in a comment, or email my email in the post. None of which were done. That's how I know none of you area serious and just trolling.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:36 AM   #14
Theoretical propagandist

Garage
I had to go and look at this magnificent beast of a car for 20K...holy cow, spray foam insulation and some glass laid over the top of it?!?! Just so people are aware, this is NOT a ZTop car or even close to that.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:59 AM   #15

wow... I would have never imagined that much work went into making the roof. Artistic and creative for sure, amazing results.

Are these letter size paper sheets?

Last edited by Nine8Six; 01-05-2014 at 12:04 PM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:07 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamOxford View Post

Just sayin'..............

TO
LMAO haha
heliguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:12 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric G View Post
I had to go and look at this magnificent beast of a car for 20K...holy cow, spray foam insulation and some glass laid over the top of it?!?! Just so people are aware, this is NOT a ZTop car or even close to that.

What is that?! Is that the same car?
heliguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:19 PM   #18

Eric G has small penis syndrome so he has (ignorantly speak of composites something he probably knows very little of) to bring people down to make him seem big and tough. Forum gangster.

Z tops are pretty ugly and have no Cayman components to them. Not to mention they are all fiberglass.

Naw man there's only a few pics I put up of the mold and plug which are fiber glass. Actually its all made out of paper mache. I have to hold it down with one hand over 15 mph.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:27 PM   #19

Man... chill out. It's just a car (although a nice looking one) it is still just a car!

Be cool
Old 01-05-2014, 12:50 PM   #20

Im way cool man. Thanks for the complements. I devoted almost 6 years of my life and a marriage to the composites industry. I hold several patents in composite technologies as well as an array of others. Many products on the market today learned from and use my techniques. You have to remember z tops is a guy and a few other people who made a total of maybe 20 if even that tops, and they only use gold and the finest of ivory to build their molds. I just use fiberglass for my plugs and molds(tools). The stuff that yachts and corvettes are made out of.

Thanks again though for the positive feed back. If Eric has some kind of problem he can call me. Ill Eric should I PM you my number so we can arrange to have coffee? Im in the pacific northwest also.

Tags
cayman , hardtop , lowered , sexy , wheels