Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #1

Three Quarters of a 2002 Boxster w/ 76k mi

I have a 2002 boxster 2.7L with 76k miles, a salvage title...and well not a back end. I bought the car from a gentlemen that bought it from an insurance auction as lot runs and drives. The engine/transmission is currently out of the car (this is how I bought the car) but I am willing to reinstall and verify that it does in fact run before selling if I find an interested buyer. The interior is also trashed as the previous owner didn't know how to operate the top. All electronics do still appear to function correctly, and the top is in really good shape and functions. Car appears to have next to new goodyear tires (although they are 4 years old), and brakes look to be atleast 90% if not more. Has the 18" porsche sport wheels. Also has a porsche sport exhaust although it would need some repairs to be used again as it got banged around pretty good in the wreck. I can supply more pictures upon request. I am asking $8,000 OBO.

BudmanV24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #2

you must be smoking crack !
jacabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #3

A bondo and its good as new.
Skrapmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #4

Seriously, you'd do better parting it out.
Skrapmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrapmot View Post
A bondo and its good as new.
Really ? I was thinking the Dent Wizard ?
Old 12-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #6

The Wheels Look Nice.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #7
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Budman - I'm not trying to be a wise guy. You've been a member for a long time and I see you have a Boxster with a dropped in 3.4 so you surely know your cars. Base 2002 Boxsters seem to be holding their asking price pretty good in the the $11.5k to $15k range. How does one repair this vehicle and make those numbers. You say the interior is trashed, does that mean the owner didn't put the top up during rain?

Did you get it really cheap? I would suggest too parting it out on ebay.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:11 PM   #8
Theoretical propagandist

Garage
8K for this sadly is so far off the mark that it really begs to find reality.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #9
Certified Boxster Addict

Nothing that a little Dr. Colorchip can't fix. Just touch-up and buff out to blend.

Kidding aside, the value of the car isn't in the total amount of the parts. The actual value as it sits is the total value of the parts MINUS the 100+ hours that will be required to tear it apart, photograph, list, deal with non-payers, re-list, and finally sell it piece by piece.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:03 AM   #10

I'll take some of the parts if you are willing to part it out.
stuttgart46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:00 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipE350 View Post
Budman - I'm not trying to be a wise guy. You've been a member for a long time and I see you have a Boxster with a dropped in 3.4 so you surely know your cars. Base 2002 Boxsters seem to be holding their asking price pretty good in the the $11.5k to $15k range. How does one repair this vehicle and make those numbers. You say the interior is trashed, does that mean the owner didn't put the top up during rain?

Did you get it really cheap? I would suggest too parting it out on ebay.
When I entered into this I fully assumed that this car was destined to be parted out. But, that breaks my heart because I feel like I'm cannibalizing the poor thing. So I wanted to see if anyone handy could use it as a complete car.

I just threw out $8k as a starting point to see if anyone was even interested in sending me an offer. Isn't that how it's supposed to work, start high and sell low, lol?
Old 01-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #12
pk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudmanV24 View Post
When I entered into this I fully assumed that this car was destined to be parted out. But, that breaks my heart because I feel like I'm cannibalizing the poor thing. So I wanted to see if anyone handy could use it as a complete car.

I just threw out $8k as a starting point to see if anyone was even interested in sending me an offer. Isn't that how it's supposed to work, start high and sell low, lol?

I've got the rear end for a 99....+ 270hp engine and trans. If you do the arithmetic and show me how it makes sense (Edmonds blu/bk) maybe we should talk.

Regards, PK
Old 01-20-2013, 09:33 AM   #13

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudmanV24 View Post

I suppose in a perfect world. However, you have to realize that that car, as it sits, is honestly worth like MAYBE $1000, since it has no engine/trans. With no rear end, terrible interior, and being a base model, the only thing worth really any money on it, are the wheels.

That being said, you can probably get a couple thousand for the motor, and a couple for the trans.

Just part it out, and hope you got a good deal :P
Mrmaddbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:45 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmaddbrad View Post
I suppose in a perfect world. However, you have to realize that that car, as it sits, is honestly worth like MAYBE $1000, since it has no engine/trans. With no rear end, terrible interior, and being a base model, the only thing worth really any money on it, are the wheels.

That being said, you can probably get a couple thousand for the motor, and a couple for the trans.

Just part it out, and hope you got a good deal :P
It does come with an engine and transmission.