Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 07:37 AM   #1

2000 Base Boxster For Sale

Hi all, I am selling my 2000 base Boxster, silver with black interior with 106K miles. I am asking 15,000.00 firm, even though it has a bit of a dent over the drivers-side rear wheel (my wifes work....), but otherwise is in excellent condition (picture available of dent when I take it). You can see the car and some of the work I have done at my website:

Cars

I have taken very, very good care of the car. I have had it for 4 years, it had 40K on it when I got it. I took it to a autocross once, then I realized I would have to pay for it if I broke it, so that was the only time. I have changed the oil every 5K and have oil analysis on most of those changes, they say the engine is behaving very well.

I never planned on selling the car, so I have spent lots of time and money fixing up my first Porsche. I know you dont get back what you spend fixing up the car, but I have over 25,000.00 just in upgrades in the car, seats, wheels, suspension, audio, intake, exhaust and such, see below. I suspect I will be able to sell the car locally to the students at the college where I teach, but thought I would list it to the group as well.

I have had the car dynoed several times and it is putting out 210 hp to the wheels. In addition it is quite a bit lighter than stock, well over 100 lbs lighter, so it is very responsive to drive. I am selling it because as I approach retirement, I am looking more for camper-van sort of vehicle for the wife and I, I know, its sad, but there you have it.

Here are some of the things I have done to upgrade the car, all this stuff is included:

1. Aasco lightweight performance flywheel assembly 2. New grills and bumper assembly
3. Braille lightweight racing battery and mounting brackets
4. Extra set of Carrera Lightweight wheels, wheel spacers and tires
5. Complete exhaust, headers, 100-cell cats, new oxygen sensors, muffler
6. TTP cold air intake with new MAF sensor and Techno Torque intake
7. Bilstein PSS9 coilover suspension, Techno mount, motor mounts, strut braces
8. New shifter cable assembly with B&M short shift Kit
9. Stock electric/memory seats and GT3 seats with brackets (installed now)
10. Kenwood navigation/DVD, JL Audio speakers/custom sub, Alpine amps
11. Autothority custom engine ECU programming
12. Litronic headlights, and LED taillights
Cost of upgrades: 25,000.00

In addition, the following new parts have been added as preventative maintenance:

air/oil separator
water pump
alternator
spark plugs, plug tubes and ignition coilpacks
wheel bearings
brakes, both rotors and pads
front windshield
rear plastic window

Car runs like a top. It is probably easiest to get in touch with me via my email edevlin@hsc.edu, or by phone, 434-223-6173, I am located in Central Virginia, thanks,

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote