Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 08:09 PM   #1

2000 986 $14,500

I have lurked here before and learned a lot of great information. I have had the car for 7 years, way back into the ppbb days. I am more active on rennlist and 6speed, search for me there if you are curious. Now, onto the show.

This Boxster has the 2.7 watercooled derivation of the Porsche classic flat six engine. The exterior is finished in Arctic Silver and the interior in black leather. The convertible top is comprised of black fabric. The car has 66,xxx miles and a manual transmission. The engine, transmission, and suspension have not been modified in any way.
Car was well equipped from the factory (as evidenced by the window sticker that I will provide to the car’s new owner) with all of the Porsche usual equipment such as automatic climate control, power seats, locks, windows, and top, dual front and side airbags, active aerodynamics (rear spoiler rises at 74 MPH), on board computer (displays gas mileage, exterior temperature, miles until the gas tank empties, etc) with an original MSRP of $46,627. In addition, this car is also equipped with the Sport Package which includes 17 inch Boxster Design wheels with the classic Turbo Twist design, wind stop between the roll hoops, cruise control, and alarm. The car also has the optional CD shelf and colored wheel caps containing the Porsche Crest. On top of this generous feature set, I added a few appearance and convenience modifications. I installed a totally upgraded sound system (comprised of a new Sony head unit, new speakers in the stock locations, and a Sony CD changer installed in the front trunk), white faced gauges, heated seats, the interior silver appearance package, clear side markers, Smart Top convenience module (lowers top at touch of button without having to hold button, also allows the top to be operated on the move at low speeds). Car has all manuals, keys, and even the original window sticker. Additionally, I have kept extensive records of the car which will pass to the next owner. The spare tire is in good condition and all tools in the Porsche tool kit are included and are in good condition as well.
I have had this car for the last 7 years and have enjoyed it immensely. My father was the second owner of this car and I purchased it from him. Like my father, I am an enthusiast that is very particular about my cars and I believe that the condition of this Boxster evidences this. The car is in excellent aesthetic and mechanical condition. I have never tracked the Boxster or raced it in any way. The car has never been wrecked nor had any body work done to it. No one has ever smoked in the car. The car has been garaged since I have owned it. I waxed the car twice a year using various Meguiars compounds. Brakes, engine, and transmission all operate flawlessly. As far as maintenance and upkeep is concerned, I have followed all of the Porsche maintenance recommendations and what work was not done by the Porsche dealership was done by me. I have kept meticulous records documenting this that will go to the next owner. Only genuine Porsche parts were used at all times. Prior to the car hitting 60,000 miles, I performed the 60,000 mile service. I changed the oil at least every 10,000 miles (sooner than Porsche recommends) using only oils listed on the Porsche approved list. Furthermore, the car is always driven at least 15 miles at a time to ensure that oil and all other components get up to temperature. I accumulated almost all of the miles via interstate commuting; no stop and go city driving here. As a result of painstaking maintenance and upkeep, the car needs nothing.
For a more complete description of the car and for additional pictures, go to http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2031953&id=181100329&l=5e9238305b
If you have any questions about the Boxster, please call Chris at 731.431.5393.

Tried to upload pictures on the forum but the filesizes are too large and I don't feel like resizing. Thanks for reading.

phaphaphooey is offline   Reply With Quote