Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 01:41 PM   #1

For sale 99 boxster $13,000

I'm selling my 99 Boxster it is Arctic Silver with blue top and grey leather in great clean shape. Only issue is the typical airbag light. Runs perfect, no leaks, paint in good shape just has some front end road chips. 44,700 miles. Im located in Boston Ma area.
VIN#WPOCA2985XU633692
Can post more pics if anyone wants them.

mrlange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:14 AM   #2
MwC

There seems to be a problem with the photos - they do not open when I click on them - is it me or ?
MwC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:26 AM   #3

The pics opened for me? Try to right click and open to new tab.
Nice car.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:00 AM   #4

The airbag light is probably due to dirty or worn seat belt receptacles. Most potential first-time Porsche buyers won't know this is a $100 fix and will shy away from purchasing your car or even looking at it when they see that warning light.

You should fix this problem to help sell your car for as much as you can get for it.

Try spraying computer contact cleaner into the receptacles with the negative battery terminal disconnected... let them dry out real good and then have the airbag warning light turned off at a dealership.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to replace the seat belt receptacles themselves. Stealerships will charge you a fortune to do it because the book rate is at least an hour a seat to pull them (four simple bolts) and then they'll double or triple the actual cost of the seatbelt receptacle compared to you buying them from Sunset in Oregon and installing them yourself.

I've done this on my car and it is very easy and doesn't take long at all. Plus, you get to clean the carpet under your seats!

Best of luck selling your boxster as we go into winter. Convertibles usually sell much faster and for more money in the spring.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:36 AM   #5

Thanks for the tip, I will certainly give that a shot.
mrlange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:04 AM   #6
MwC

Thanks Vath - right click, new window does the trick ...

MwC is offline   Reply With Quote