Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2007, 08:44 PM   #1

FS: 2001 Highly Modded Boxster 986

Hey guys -

I'm selling my 01 Boxster. This is definitely a fun car to drive for the price. See pics on my ebay ad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=300128738422

Details:

Vehicle Description

This is a rare Boxster with over $13,000 invested in aesthetic and mechanical mods. This is a finely tuned machine that runs faster and more powerful than the Boxster S model. This car has never been to the track and never been in an accident. It sits in my garage most of the time. It looks and runs phenomenal. I also just spent $1560 at TRE Motorsports for the 60k miles major service which was performed on June 12 2007. I was not planning to sell it but a new business venture requires me to free up some cash. Here are the modifications on the car: GT2 Front Bumper Upgrade, Litronic Headlights, Techart Sideskirts, Trunk lid Tail, Side Airscoops, Recaro GT3 Racing Seats, Evo Cold Air Intake and GIAC Tuning Chip, Custom Maxflo Dual Exhaust System, Carbon Fiber Center Console, Momo Aluminum Shift Knob with Aluminum Shift Boot Trim, Alpine DVD Player, MP3, NAV, XM with Amplifier, Brand New 19" Carrera Classic Wheels with Brand New Tires, Clear Corner signal lights, Aluminum Guage Trim Rings, New Brakes and a new Clutch were also installed earlier this year. And as mentioned above, the 60k major service was just performed. Please don't hesitate to call or email with any questions. Thanks, Lord 323 428 4368 lordceniza@gmail.com

lceniza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:15 AM   #2

The EBAY link does not appear to be working!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:53 AM   #3

If you search ebay using the numbers in his link it will pull up his auction...

Old 07-09-2007, 06:36 AM   #4

That is a very sharp looking car.

You mentioned in your post though that this car is faster than an S. Is this accomplished by "Evo Cold Air Intake and GIAC Tuning Chip, Custom Maxflo Dual Exhaust System," or do you have other performance mods not listed in the ad?

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s..._kill/Siga.jpg
Dr. Kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Kill
That is a very sharp looking car.

You mentioned in your post though that this car is faster than an S. Is this accomplished by "Evo Cold Air Intake and GIAC Tuning Chip, Custom Maxflo Dual Exhaust System," or do you have other performance mods not listed in the ad?
Hi -

Thanks for the kind words.

Just from my driving experience with this car and a friend's S model, this feels a lot quicker and stronger. I believe the GT3 seats also contribute to the lightness and feel of the car. I know the GT3 seats also made a huge difference on my 996. But anyway, no other mods except for what was listed.

-Lord

P.S. - I'm not really in a huge hurry to sell it. I really love driving this car.
lceniza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:38 PM   #6

"You mentioned in your post though that this car is faster than an S. Is this accomplished by "Evo Cold Air Intake and GIAC Tuning Chip, Custom Maxflo Dual Exhaust System," or do you have other performance mods not listed in the ad?"

"Just from my driving experience with this car and a friend's S model, this feels a lot quicker and stronger. I believe the GT3 seats also contribute to the lightness and feel of the car. I know the GT3 seats also made a huge difference on my 996. But anyway, no other mods except for what was listed."

I have wondered about how a modestly-tuned base boxster (intake, exhaust, chip) would compare to a stock "S". I have only driven one 2000 stock S and was impressed by its torque, but it did not seem as quick as my base model. Granted, that is a stunningly small sample size, and taken by a biased observer, but still.

I will get my car on the dyno in the next couple of weeks to see if my butt dyno is right about the latest tune that was done to my ECU. It sure feels quicker and I get the sense that I am moving more air through the engine with the latest tune.

I suspect I will be putting down hp in the same range as a stock 2000 S. But base Boxsters are lighter, mine is well over 100 lbs lighter than the stock "S". Then there is the issue of rotating mass (brakes, flywheel, engine) that could contribute to the preceived quickness of a base model.

All that being said, it seems pretty silly to be splittng hairs and discussing a modest 30 or so hp and a few tenths of a second on a 0-60 time between two nearly identical cars. Oh well, its fun and such is the nature of the addiction.....

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote