Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkwatt
Oh man,what a sweet ride! I looked up the F430 and I noticed that it uses the same radio as my 99' Boxster does..........Becker CDR-220. Oh well,you don't buy a Porsche or Ferrari for the stereo quality. You have one heck of ride though man,congrats!
oh yes, i didnt really notice, the cd player on the f430 looks very same as my boxster's instead a "porsche" it says Ferrari even the name at the very same place on the faceplate, i think they are same thing.

shuiyuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:41 PM   #22

Mods please close this thread!!!

3.6, SC 'er and other parts for sale
JP-s-in st. louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:33 PM   #23
boggtown

Dude... you need to chill. Why would someone buy a model T? Because they like that style and it suits them, do you think they care its slow as an old lady using a walker? No. Im glad you found a good medium (fieros) for making good 1/4 mile times, if its all about that there are some people on this forum with bikes, and they are a lot quicker in the 1/4 than a fiero. Im glad your gonna do a GM engine swap, because after you do, no one will buy that car. And if they do its at a serious loss. Porsche buyers arnt known to be all hopped up on meth enough to buy a chopped and frankensteined sports car. Stick with your fieros if you just want sleepers. Why not put a V8 in a geo metro, thatd be a good sleeper. And I bet itd be great in the 1/4 mile. Plus its a lot cheaper than a boxster.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:10 AM   #24

Low 10s for 5k. It can turn like a little ******************** too. Two wheels baby!

-David
http://www.darkoven.com/sig.jpg
David N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:40 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
I think these Fiero modded cars are cool.

I don't see any cause to be rude on either side.

Lets provide a warm welcome for our buddy who want to stuff a big engine in the Box. I would like to see this done and hear how it turned out.
Thanks,

It will be done. I did find a 2000 S with high miles and blown engine for cheap. thanks to this forum.

Everyone can say what they want about the Fiero.

Now to show everyone what the little fiero car look like.

Fiero with 6 speed and over 500 HP
Want986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:59 AM   #26

[QUOTE=ferrari355]oh man, first you WON't smoke ever car on this forum because i am owning a 2007 Ferrari F430 F1 i tell you what: your car is a piece of junk after over 120mph that my car has high gears all the way to 200mph also your car wont beat me even under 100mph too.
i know boxster is a slow car but still that is a Porsche and not a GM, fieros are only use for build those fake replicas, if your car has 3.8 supercharge engine with a Ferrari 355 shell might be a good thing.
yes, maybe a ferrari is too much to compare your car but i also i have a junk which called 1g Eclipse GSX, i made 8" on the 1/4 also you go dsmtuners.com you will find people done 6 sec somthing on quarter miles.

anyway, people will look at a Boxster more than the Fiero also 13 secs on 1/4 mile times is very very slow. a stock old Stock 300zx TT which go for $5000 will make better time.[/QUOTE

I guess you can't read. This is a Boxster forum and not a F430 forum. And yes I will beat your 430 with ease. My last slip was 11.20 thats without the nos. Your car is lucky to go low 12s. Price of over 100k you can have your 430.
Here are some 430 times http://www.dragtimes.com/Ferrari-F430-Timeslip-11185.html
Old 05-11-2007, 04:05 AM   #27

It's a neat kit-kar, but 30k? there's probably a thousand cars on my list i'd spend that much on first.

Also, don't make the mistake of thinking exotic brand car owners care about drag racing their cars.. Wrong species of car for that purpose. Exotics are much more about handling, road racing and driver finesse than flat out drags. So you can put a huge engine in an old car and make it go fast, whoop dee doo, people have been doing that since the 40's.

If what you're really here for is to start crap with the 'my fiero is faster than your boxsters' good for you.. however much you pour into your fieros and how fast you make them it's still a fiero.

Last edited by prOk; 05-11-2007 at 04:10 AM.
prOk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:42 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by prOk
It's a neat kit-kar, but 30k? there's probably a thousand cars on my list i'd spend that much on first.

Also, don't make the mistake of thinking exotic brand car owners care about drag racing their cars.. Wrong species of car for that purpose. Exotics are much more about handling, road racing and driver finesse than flat out drags. So you can put a huge engine in an old car and make it go fast, whoop dee doo, people have been doing that since the 40's.

If what you're really here for is to start crap with the 'my fiero is faster than your boxsters' good for you.. however much you pour into your fieros and how fast you make them it's still a fiero.
I came here to trade or sell another midengine car for midengine car. I don't need to sell the Fiero's but don't really need 4 of them and a Boxster. I didn't come here to get trashed like this. I expected people here to be just a little more classy then the Fiero crowd. Seems like the same crap just another forum.
NO ONE HAD TO REPLY IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE WHAT I HAD TO TRADE OR SELL. I DIDN'T EXPECT ALL THE HEAT FOR POSTING MY CARS. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY DON'T SAY IT AT ALL. THANKS TO THE PEOPLE THAT HAD NICE THINGS TO SAY ABOUT ALL MY HARD WORK. I LOOK FORWARD TO BECOMING A BOXSTER OWNER. .
Old 05-11-2007, 04:57 AM   #29

HI, I almost bought a Fiero when i was a young lad, but ended up getting a Gino Camaro , Passion is passion no matter what you drive ,good luck with whatever you end up doing
2014 Mercedes Benz 350 ML
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray manual
Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 05:30 AM   #30

Send a message via AIM to YellowJacket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want986
I didn't come here to get trashed like this. I expected people here to be just a little more classy then the Fiero crowd. Seems like the same crap just another forum.
NO ONE HAD TO REPLY IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE WHAT I HAD TO TRADE OR SELL. I DIDN'T EXPECT ALL THE HEAT FOR POSTING MY CARS. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY DON'T SAY IT AT ALL. THANKS TO THE PEOPLE THAT HAD NICE THINGS TO SAY ABOUT ALL MY HARD WORK. I LOOK FORWARD TO BECOMING A BOXSTER OWNER. .
Wow... I just read through the entire thread again, and until your first threatening and aggressive post (#8), the closest things you had gotten to criticism were a couple skeptical and/or curious people (including myself) asking questions about your cars. I guess if you were extra-sensitive about your cars, you could have interpreted them negatively, maybe, but no one attacked you until you started attacking the forum and the Boxster. I think you'll find this group to be quite a congenial group of people, as long as you reciprocate, but like anyone else in the world, Boxster owners don't like being insulted or talked down to.

Good luck in selling your Fiero(s) and buying a Boxster! I hope it works out, and I think you'll love your Boxster!
YellowJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:17 AM   #31

Smile

I like your white Fiero. Nice job!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:30 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowJacket
Wow... I just read through the entire thread again, and until your first threatening and aggressive post (#8), the closest things you had gotten to criticism were a couple skeptical and/or curious people (including myself) asking questions about your cars. I guess if you were extra-sensitive about your cars, you could have interpreted them negatively, maybe, but no one attacked you until you started attacking the forum and the Boxster. I think you'll find this group to be quite a congenial group of people, as long as you reciprocate, but like anyone else in the world, Boxster owners don't like being insulted or talked down to.

Good luck in selling your Fiero(s) and buying a Boxster! I hope it works out, and I think you'll love your Boxster!
I concur with YellowJacket. Your pics looked good to me at first, but now I am completely turned off.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s..._kill/Siga.jpg
Dr. Kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:20 AM   #33

I also have to agree with YellowJacket.

Good luck with finding a Boxster. As always, we're more than happy to pitch in with opinions on what's a good price for a given year and what issues to look for.

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:29 AM   #34

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want986
Thanks,

It will be done. I did find a 2000 S with high miles and blown engine for cheap. thanks to this forum.

Everyone can say what they want about the Fiero.

Now to show everyone what the little fiero car look like.

Fiero with 6 speed and over 500 HP

Ummm, thats not one of the ferios you discribed that were for sale... I can do that trick too, FYI, this is how you come off to me, watch....

Take a look at what a little boxster look like 700HP 6 speed trasmission ugh!!! Live my life a quarter mile at a time blah blah blah, I was an extra in all 3 Fast In The Furious movies and ill smoke all yah ferios whine whine...... Thats how you come off to me.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote