Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2022, 01:44 PM   #1

Garage
Talking Three-Year "New" Spec Boxster Build

Three years into a spec boxster build - a project that has taken almost as many corners/turns as the 'ring.

I'm a POC member in SoCal, looking forward to setting up a proper race-prepped SPB/BSR. Planning on some sprints this year but especially looking to get into various enduro series such as Lucky Dog and POC.

Shout out to the team at Precision Motion in the Inland Empire for their quality work and team support (and "auditing" my numerous attempts at wrenching on the project).

So far, MCS suspension and running gear bits are installed, along with other homologation items.

The car is mostly stripped at this point and ready for rollcage/safety equipment in the next few weeks. I'll cross-post parts that I no longer need.

While I intend to leave most of the critical stuff to the pros, it's been fun tackling some components of the project to gain a better understanding of the car - great learning experience.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in the upcoming 2023 season!

Last edited by enotria; 12-29-2022 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Adding Photos
enotria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 02:40 PM   #2

Garage
Here's the part-out list: items that are no longer needed and happy to find a new home.

Spec Boxster Build Part Out
Old 12-29-2022, 01:48 PM   #3

Garage
Old 12-29-2022, 03:05 PM   #4

Garage
Adding Lightness - Clean Out

Old 12-29-2022, 03:17 PM   #5

Garage
Suspension Bits

Done with adding lightness and stage 2 clutch upgrade (AASCO lightweight), now on to MCS suspension, GT3 control arms, etc.
(yes I know, monoballs not exactly class legal. tough to find anything in stock so had to go temporary route for now).

great to learn the suspension, first time doing this. installed the sway bar, drop links, and control arms in, but unfortunately missing a part for the coilovers so had to battle another day. Good learning experience and called in the cavalry at precision to clean things up for me.

Old 12-29-2022, 03:28 PM   #6

Garage
Color Options

Interesting process to determine color - samples were critical to the decision process as time of day/color temperature made a dramatic difference in look and feel.

went with a 3M orange... paired nicely with the Ocean Blue Metallic.
Once I install the hard top, it will get the orange treatment. Also, planning to powder coat the swirl rims orange and install orange 6 pt harness for accent.

I originally was planning to go with a muted, metallic, dark gold... I never thought I'd go orange... but the combination seems to work nicely.

Last edited by enotria; 12-29-2022 at 03:33 PM.
Old 12-29-2022, 03:31 PM   #7

Garage
From Lotus to Boxster

After 15 years, parted ways with my Lotus Exige - bittersweet - but excited to make way for the new chapter!

Next up: roll cage and safety equipment.
Old 01-05-2023, 09:46 AM   #8

Looks like I might be too late, but I believe Demonspeed has outer LCAs in stock. Also, use the Tarett extended front drop links instead of the standard ones.
Spec Boxster #714
PGas32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 08:44 PM   #9

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGas32 View Post
Looks like I might be too late, but I believe Demonspeed has outer LCAs in stock. Also, use the Tarett extended front drop links instead of the standard ones.
Noted thanks for the tip!

Tags
parts , race car , spec boxster