Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2022, 10:21 AM   #21

what run group is this in? If its a novice or instructed intermediate group, I take slight issue with you and slight issue with cayman driver.

your beef: You came up on this dude pretty fast and I would guess he's a novice who is barely capable of processing getting his own car around the track. As a result, if I was your instructor, I likely would have told you to give him a bit of room going into the turn. Hard to tell from the video just how hard he slammed on the brakes.

His beef: the cayman driver should have been aware that you were closing behind him and if he wasn't, his instructor should have been. As a result, as soon as he got out of shape and recovered, his hand should go out the window to let you by.

If this was in a black or red run group, it would be a "sorry I went by you without a point by, but WTF were you doing out there?"

Without knowing what everyone was thinking, I think this would be chalked up to a ******************** happens, nobody got hurt, just give each other a lot of space our there, and move on.

Quadcammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 12:53 PM   #22
Pathological Tinkerer

He didn't, but I know it was her first day on track and I assume she saw me coming up quickly behind in her mirrors and lost focus on hairpin braking/turn in points.
P_Carfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 01:02 PM   #23
Pathological Tinkerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post
your beef: You came up on this dude pretty fast and I would guess he's a novice who is barely capable of processing getting his own car around the track. As a result, if I was your instructor, I likely would have told you to give him a bit of room going into the turn. Hard to tell from the video just how hard he slammed on the brakes.
This is exactly what I fault myself on. I didn't know until after talking to the instructor that is was her first day. It was a novice group and I should be kept more distance going into the corner.
P_Carfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 12:06 PM   #24

hey man, no harm no foul. I think what you did was safe and aware and sometimes people do erratic stuff.

The fact that you posted this shows that your heart and mind is in the right place in that you want to learn and be safe.
Quadcammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 09:49 AM   #25
Track rat

Garage
In an ideal world, slow down until you can determine if the car ahead just goofed or had a mechanical issue. It looks to me like the car ahead was momentarily lost on track. In a less than ideal world, avoiding contact is rule #1.

In this case the abrupt slowing was completely unexpected and maybe you were too close to react effectively in a novice run group. Sometimes the best choice is to go around and take your lumps at the black flag station. If the car ahead is nearly stopped, serious car contact is highly unlikely.

Last edited by Topless; 05-22-2022 at 09:58 AM.
Topless is offline   Reply With Quote