Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2020, 08:53 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastta View Post
I went with the minimum drop - which on mine turned out to be 18mm. Another reason why I went with the Ohlins - and the fact that height and spring pre load are separate adjustments. The 400/457 are fine on the street.
Brian at Ohlins was pretty emphatic that 400/457 would be fine with my build and using 100 and 200tw tires (two sets). It's not quite a street build.

Last edited by Hasbro; 01-24-2020 at 05:07 PM. Reason: To keep on topic.
Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 09:45 PM   #22
Track rat

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastta View Post
The Ohlins RT's I put on my Cayman are THE best street coilovers I've ever used. While not on my Cayman, I've owned KW V2's and V3's, Penske's, Bilsteins and others and the Ohlins are far superior on the street. I'll stick with my 2Way Motons on the track.
I appreciate the tip on Ohlin RTs Rastta. I was pretty disappointed with PSS9 on my Boxster and wanted to steer clear of Bilstein but JRZ is just too precious $$ for my planned use. At $2900/set this is a reasonable coilover with good reviews for dual sport use. My other option is a Cayman R "kit" for $2400. I have enough laps in cars with these to know they are pretty good street and track but the RT adds ride height adjustability. A worthy contender.