Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 05:45 PM   #1

Gt3 seat harness recommendations?

This march I'm doing a hill climb and would like to add a harness for safety. Any recommendations for a cost effective safe belt? I'm planning on mounting it to the floor or the seat adaptor plate, nothing fancy, no Gt3/Offical porsche solutions. I'm also planning on retaining the stock belts

Cheers,
Stu

truegearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:31 PM   #2

Contact these guys, and they can fix you up with the correct components:

Discovery Parts

There are a lot of combinations of seats, harnesses, and adapters, and these guys know what works. Part of the confusion comes in the way Brey-Krause (B-K) packages their parts, in left and right side groupings, and multiple adapter options and belt options.

In general, you are going to have to pick a race seat and decide if you are using a HANS device first, and then go from there. No sanctioning bodies that I know of will let you use a harness with the stock seat for some reason.

Good luck.

986S
991S
Van Diemen RF97
LAP1DOUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:31 AM   #3

Schroth makes belts specifically for GT3 seats, or they will modify another of their belts to add the quick release clips you need. BK makes the mounts you may need to get low enough for your helmet not to stick out. You'll still need a bolt-on harness bar to mount the shoulder belts; most race shops can make these quite quickly and cheaply. The lap belt mounting points are OEM. If your seat doesn't have a cross bar for the under-mount belts, BK makes one of those, too. Stable Energies of NJ set mine up.

iaincamp is offline   Reply With Quote