Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
Track rat

Garage
California Festival of Speed April 20-22

Come and check out the largest Porsche event on the west coast with Porsche Club Racing, Time Trials, Concours, Vender row, and new for this year: Open Wheel Racing. Cool! All at the amazing Auto Club Speedway in Fontana CA.

To register as a driver or to participate in the event, sign up here:
MotorsportReg.com : PCA - Zone 8 announces California Festival of Speed (Fri 20 - Sun 22 Apr, 2012) info at Auto Club Speedway, Fontana, CA 92335 (5485)

If you don't want to drive come and check it out anyways. The event is free to spectators and only a $10 parking fee. You can wander through the pits, talk to drivers and team owners, sit up in the VIP seats during the races, take lots of pics, and at lunchtime you can put your street car on the track surface for a few controlled parade laps with your top down. This beats paying $100/person to watch a NASCAR race there where they stick you up in the nosebleed grandstands and the drivers only know how to turn left

Mark your calendars now so you don't miss it!

Old 03-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #2

Great,

but I believe the POC is at WSIR that same weekend... I'll go where we have the most Spec cars entered

B
We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.
Brad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #3
Track rat

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Roberts View Post
Great,

but I believe the POC is at WSIR that same weekend... I'll go where we have the most Spec cars entered
No worries. It will be a very busy weekend in Cali with Porsche club racing at Fontana, WSIR, and Buttonwillow. You would think these organizers would get a clue and stagger their dates to maximize attendance at every event. Hmmm, cooperation across sanctioning bodies... what a concept.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Hmmm, cooperation across sanctioning bodies... what a concept
Until smart people like you are running the show in one place or the other.. it won't happen

It's flat out amazing how the other groups pretend "there is nobody else to run with" and ignore the fact that we have options.

B
We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:36 AM   #5
Certified Boxster Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless View Post
Hmmm, cooperation across sanctioning bodies... what a concept.
They can't even agree on a common set of rules for Spec Boxster much less what dates to run where.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:59 AM   #6
Track rat

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Roberts View Post
Until smart people like you are running the show in one place or the other.. it won't happen
I think it will only happen when drivers demand it. Driver input recently straightened out the BSR rules issues between PCA and NASA, now it looks like POC is coming around. We need a common set of rules for BSX if it is to survive and that will have to come from drivers as well.

Most organizers are feeling the pinch of overlapping event schedules in SoCal this year so I am hopeful we will see more cooperation in 2013. There are about 30 drivers who freely run with several groups and to force them to choose 1 over another on a given weekend is just foolish.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #7

The new guy running BoxsterSpec for NASA? I built his car and engine.. I know the NASA rules will stay the way we originally intended.. well.. because.. he is leaning on me for the history and knowledge

About the only thing I really want to see changed across the board is the placement of the spring rates.

Right now 99% of the fast people running square have the front bar on full stiff, this means we are out of spring rate on the front.

I want the rules to read: "A PAIR of 450's and a PAIR 500's must be installed on stock PSS9's" I don't want to tell people "where" to run them. Let the drivers choose.

This would allow the smart people to run 500's in the front and 450's in the rear, or.. 500 in the left front and 450 in the right front for Willow Springs.. and 500 right front and 450 left front for Thill

I'd also like to see another 25lbs come out of the cars. Things can get stale if you don't make minor tweaks...

B
Old 04-17-2012, 09:23 AM   #8

Awesome! Looking forward to it!

scottiesan is offline   Reply With Quote