Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2011, 06:49 AM   #1

Spec Box prep help, Pgh, PA

After the Holidays I would like to begin to strip my 99 and work towards a Spec car. I do not intend to do the full conversion, just get it a bit closer to a completed Spec car. Remove top, door glass, inside trim, air conditioning system, and anything else to get it down in weight. My thinking is that it would be an easier project working with someone who might have done this before. Of course I would be willing to pay for the help. I am thinking a weekend or so should get it done. If interested get back to me. Bill, Pgh, PA

wmtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #2
Track rat

Garage
Hi Bill,
Here is one of the most complete and well documented build threads for a Boxster Spec car on the net. It should give you a lot of ideas:
Guess who just got a boxter?
Make sure that as old safety gear like airbags and door reinforcement panels get pulled out, new safety gear like cage, harness and Hans go in. A total strip out can easily be done in a weekend. Have fun with it.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:11 PM   #3

If you're looking for professional help, see Pete Delmer at Pete's European Techniques on Stoops Ferry Rd - near Sewickley Car Store. Make sure you have the Bentley manual close at hand if DIY...

Good luck
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:30 AM   #4

Bill,

Pete is the only person in PA. I'd send you too, but he will bill you buy the hour!! lol (he owns the shop)

I work with him several times a year on late model issues he runs across.

Good guy!

B

Brad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote