Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2007, 01:34 AM   #1

My Intake snorkel mods

Howdy partners,

After reading a few different posts regarding the removal of the intake snorkels I decided to have a crack at it on the weekend. Yes, it was a bit of a pain to get the vent out but was pretty much smooth sailing after that.

I had just washed my car prior to doing this and was alarmed at the amount of water that was resting just inside the intake vent. Because of this I got a bit scared and made my own alteration to the snorkel then put it back in to minimise the chance of water running into the intake box with the snorkel removed completely. Basically I just cut the snorkel at an upward angle so that there was some protection against water running into the intake box.

A pic of the snorkel after the cut.

A pic of the modified snorkel back in place

As for the noise, yes it's a bit louder but the intake is on the passenger not drivers side in Australia so I will need to get others to drive it while I listen

kouks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:46 AM   #2

I very nice idea. But I don't see how what you did could make much difference in terms of water getting in? It was be the angle of your photo but it looks like the bottom of what remains of your snorkel tube is still touching the floor of the air vent chamber.
2000SoCalBoxsterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:56 AM   #3

Hey Kouks-

I hope you enjoy your snork mod, but I need to correct you on something in the post.

The intake is not on the passenger side, YOUR STEERING WHEEL IS ON THE PASSENGER SIDE!!!! HEHEHEHEHEHE

Aussie, aussie, aussie!!!!

Just kidding, couldn't resist.

Enjoy!!

Jeff

jwilson95 is offline   Reply With Quote