Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2007, 07:35 AM   #21

I seriously doubt it...

Nick

1999 986 ( Black )
1998 MB C280 ( Black )
1999 BMW K1200RS ( Yellow )
2005 Audi A4 ( Red )
NickCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:43 AM   #22

They require a front plate here in Texas, but when I bought mine it did not have a front plate. I even went to the trouble of buying the front plate mount, but since I really prefer the look without the plate, I never got around to putting it on. Instead I just went with some bumper plugs and haven't given it a second thought. I've gotten a couple of tickets in the Boxster and neither of the officers even noticed the lack of a front plate.

If I do end up having to get a front plate, I'll probably want a personalized plate. But then I'll agonize over what to put on it. I do like Boggtown's plate. "Shizle" rocks! State of Texas won't let me have "Eat Me", so I'm at a loss.

Plus, I don't have a plate to put on even if I wanted to. My plan is to rat out the dealership for selling it to me without a plate (I bought it used). Not sure if it will work, but it's my plan and I'm sticking to it.

Last edited by Thumper; 03-02-2007 at 07:47 AM.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:27 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehD
so i wonder if the excuse was that when i bought the car i never got a second plate would work..

Ignorance of the law is no excuse. That is exactly what the judge will say. If you didn't get one and you knew you were supposed to have one then it was up to you to go out to the DMV and correct it. If you didn't know you were supposed to have one, tough, now you know.

aren040 is offline   Reply With Quote