Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2007, 04:38 AM   #1

What is this tube and where does it go?

Hi everyone,

So I received the OBD II codes P0410 and P1411 on my car. Opened up my engine cover to try and figure out if there were some sort of leak.

I found a tube out of place but I have no clue where the other end connects to! Maybe I'm just blind, can someone repost with an arrow on my pictures below?

I know this problem has happened before and was fixed. So my questions also is:

1) What's the part # on this tube and should I replace it?
2) What is the function of this tube?
3) Would this tube being out of place give me the P0419 and P1411 error?
4) In the past when this tube fell out, I saw the mechanic use some sort of glue (you can still see some of it on the end of the tube)...what glue should I buy from home depot for this type of fix?
5) Is it okay to drive with this tube out like this for a few miles?

As always, thanks for the help.

Last edited by mikey99n; 02-23-2007 at 04:40 AM.
mikey99n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 04:48 AM   #2

Hi,

Your mechanic had better not been glueing it. That's the Power Steering Pump Vent tube. It's supposed to be open at one end. Mostly it is tucked along the side of the bodywork, out of the way. It isn't the source of your trouble codes, and nothing to worry about - TADTS (They all do that Sir).

You fail to state you model/yr. and this makes a difference when it comes to the trouble codes. In this case, the codes are the same - Secondary Air Pump. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 04:50 AM   #3

Hi, thanks Jim,

I have a 99' Boxster.

I'll tuck it underneath somewhere...thanks again, i'll continue to look for the reason, I did dig up a post here: http://www.renntech.org/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t628.html

with a diagram of where the problem could be. However, everything seems to be very difficult to get to. I will probably just take it to the dealer unless anyone has any ideas/tips.

Oh, i also cleared the code 3 days ago and it hasn't come back on yet, but I'm sure it will as it has been going on and off over the past 2 weeks. If that means anything.

Again, thanks for the reply.

- Mike

Last edited by mikey99n; 02-23-2007 at 04:54 AM.
mikey99n is offline   Reply With Quote