Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2007, 09:38 AM   #1

Fabspeed Group Buy?

Looking for some guidance on this one, can we allow Fabspeed to have a group buy with our forum? I have contacted them on this to see if they are interested and the response was positive. They are looking at giving us group buy pricing for headers and exhaust if we have interested members.
Please walk me through this if allowed so we can get started?
Thanks

CALI 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:53 AM   #2

I would not be interested in headers or exhaust, but if they would extend it to cat bypass pipes for a 2001 986 then I would be interested.

Mike
thenavarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:04 AM   #3

I will show some initial interest. But all in all it depends on the pricing they are willing to give us, which in turn is relative to how many of us want them so I don't know how far this will go and if the discount will even be worth it.
aren040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:06 AM   #4

Hi,

Well, if it were me, I'd 1st talk with the Forum Owners/Moderators to insure that it's OK and not violating some commitment they've made to the Forum Sponsors (who afterall pay to keep us running precisely because they have access to this audience).

Then, if OK, I would conduct a Poll of the members to gauge interest in such a buy allowing people to vote within a certain price range (presumably interest would increase at the lower price tiers). You would also include a separate buy for the non-egas cars (2.5s) and maybe even for the 3.2s if the difference matters.

Then, armed with the results of the Poll, I'd contact the Vendor. This would give one the greatest leverage in dealing with them within their pricing structure and may result in a lower price for the Group Buy than without any potential numbers.

Personally, I would not be interested in such an upgrade, but I suspect that if the price were right, there would probably be several takers. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 02-21-2007 at 10:08 AM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:10 AM   #5

I am interested in group buying the 987 muffler.

Count me in, please.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:36 AM   #6

Since you, the members, are organizing the buy - I say go for it. We just don't want Fabspeed to come on the board touting their wares without contacting us first.

RKwei
rkwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:03 AM   #7

rkwei appreciate your approval on this!
Not sure if this will all work out but I will give it a try.
MNBoxster you brought up some good points that I will follow.
If you all see me headed in the wrong direction on this please share your thoughts / ideas so we can hopefully make this happen...
Thanks...
CALI 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:28 PM   #8

Send a message via MSN to Darkhamr
I just got an '02S and I'm definitely in the market for a catback, but I am just doing my research now and haven't decide on which one. I'll keep a keen eye on this thread for developments.
Darkhamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:39 PM   #9

Well, the headers are really expensive for the 987 from fabspeed. 2895. I can't go for that.

Will this require a tweak to the ECU since their site says it eliminates catalytic converters?
Old 02-27-2007, 05:41 PM   #10

I would be interested in the cat back bypass pipes for my 2000 Boxster but not for 500 more in the range of 250 300. Come on man its only 2 pipies I wouldnt care if they made it out of standard exhaust material.

Joe T is offline   Reply With Quote