Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2007, 01:00 PM   #1

Cayenne key/remote for Boxster?

I'd dig having a switchblade style key like the Cayenne... so I was thinking... the key blade is the same type... could a Cayenne key not be programmed to work with the Boxster?

Yeah, it's only got two buttons... I figure you could use one for the lock/unlock function, and the other for the front trunk. I can do without a remote unlock for the rear.

Any thoughts on this?

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:17 AM   #2

No input on this? I bet it would work. Might talk to the parts guy at the Porsche dealer, see if he thinks it will work or not.

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
Old 02-21-2007, 09:21 AM   #3
boggtown

Well... I also have a cayenne key, for our cayenne, lol, and while its cool, I prefer the original key. Your not thinking enough though, the panic button is useless for our cars (I think) so why not get that to be the rear trunk? If I were to do anything, Id buy a carrera gt key, those are cooler to me.

Last edited by boggtown; 02-21-2007 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:31 AM   #4

I kinda like the stock key, nice and small, I had the switchblade for my old S4 and we have the same for the wifes VW and it's to heavy, you dont even know the key is there with the regular key in your pocket

I like this one!

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...tar14266_4.gif
EX-88 951, 87 951, 86 944na, 85.5 944na 00 Audi S4..01 Boxster S .etc..etc
Marc Gelefsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:53 AM   #5

Well, I dig the switchblade design, even if it is a little bulky.

See, I keep my car key on a ring with a break away connector to another ring that has my house keys and gate remote on it (I live in a gated apartment community). I usually leave the other key ring in the car, and only carry the car key with me.

I dunno, I'll probably see if the Cayenne key will work. I've seen some with uncut blades on Ebay for a decent price.

Old 02-21-2007, 12:43 PM   #6

yea great idea, i would love that gt key holder.

boggtown you still copying my every move....lol/jokes congrats on the cayenne, great car, what colour did your momz get. my sis just got her dark grey last month.....so nice.

now you and i need to find us some winter beater cayenne's for ourselves...
986Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:01 PM   #7
boggtown

Lol, I didnt know you guys had a cayenne. Its dark olive metalic, I posted some pics of it in the cayenne advice thread.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrayAdjacent
Well, I dig the switchblade design, even if it is a little bulky.

I dunno, I'll probably see if the Cayenne key will work. I've seen some with uncut blades on Ebay for a decent price.
Did you get it to work? I prefer the switchblad design as well..
pbadss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:08 AM   #9

I haven't checked with a dealer yet. I might swing by there someday when I'm off and talk to the parts guy. I'm sure he might have a better idea of whether or not it will work.

I figure the only drawback will be that the Cayenne remote only has two buttons (and I think a 'panic' button). I'll tell 'em I just want it to lock/unlock the doors, and pop the front trunk, since I use the front trunk a lot more than the rear.