Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2007, 07:03 AM   #1

Does this sound right?

The saga continues...sent the service manager an email and this was his response...

"Nothing for a few days, we're still waiting on everything to dry out. Once that happens we'll begin to re-assemble it and test things out. The torn convertible top tray won't be covered but I assume you want us to replace that as well? It runs about $600.00 installed."

I don't even know what that is, so if anyone can explain, please do. And also would like to know if that was the major reason the car was flooded. I have this sinking feeling that one things gonna lead to another that my insurance won't cover and I'm going to be back to square one with what this whole thing going to end up costing me a whole lot of $$$$ out of my pocket.

Thanks

MAC986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:56 AM   #2

Hi,

Well unless the Dealer is using layman's terms, there is no such part named convertible top tray. There is a part called the Water Drain Plate PN#986.561.761.02 which lists for $29. I imagine they would charge a large labor fee to install this part, but $571 seems a bit exorbitant to me...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:01 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
I recommend going down to the shop and snaping a photo of the part in question and post it here, We could tell you if hes taking a vantage of you or not.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 07:33 PM   #4

You could ask him for the part number and call Sunset Porsche to see what it costs. That would give you a good idea. Also ask Sunset how long it would take to install it. They're good people and they'll help you out.

1986 Daughter White/Brown Top (Sold!)
1992 Daughter White/Blonde Top
deliriousga is offline   Reply With Quote