Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2016, 06:15 PM   #341

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliguy View Post
Northwest Florida (Pensacola, Ft. Walton Beach, Destin)

Marks Autowerks
84 Beal Pkwy NW
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548

He works on all types of European cars but specializes in Porsches.
I'm in Panama City and have heard nothing but good things about this place!

dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:50 AM   #342

which recommended torque to tighten the screws boxster head 986 engine 2.5 ?
felipemoreno2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 12:01 PM   #343

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghii View Post
I'm in Panama City and have heard nothing but good things about this place!
Yes! He is quite reasonable and knowledgeable. He is in the midst of an engine swap for me and is fixing other things while he has the car.
heliguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 10:36 AM   #344

Have to agree with others Dumont’s in OKC is the place

1st visit to Dumont's reminded me of the Bug Shops back in the day where everybody took their VW's to get repaired. Nobody took the VW to the overpriced Man (dealers). You drive up and Porsche’s are all over the place good sign. Meet Debbie and Bella it was a good feeling like meeting a good friend.

Inquired about getting a PPI on 2 Boxster’s S I was looking at. Got good info for a great price. Next meet Mike owner and we had a good informational & educational visit. He took me back in the shop which no dealer would do. Showed me around and educated me about what to look for when buying a Boxster and showed some of the jobs in progress. Told him the 2 cars I was looking at and gave the pros and cons of each years, mileage and expected expenses for both. He felt one was a better option than other and explained his rational which made good sense. This internally validated the direction I was headed. And scheduled PPI in 2 days. They make time for these as the know people are wanting to make a decision. PPI was $300 and would take about 3 hrs. Test drive, insp, drop oil pan, and Durametric scan.

Owner was also there and I had informed him about the oil pan drop and was fine with that. He also asked for oil change since it was there. Oil filter, pug and pan was insp and looked good. He replaced plug w/magnetic one and insp oil filter & plug. After insp he sat down with both of us went over the results, explained printout and then a walk around the car, recommended services and estimate and answered questions. All in all, the experience couldn’t have been better. You can tell this is an honest shop who will treat you and your car right.

Purchased the car about 10 days later and 3 days later took it back for repairs. It was done before I asked to have it back and $230 less than estimate. Again my experience picking it up was stellar. Debbie & Mike explained everything and said if I had any concerns or question come on back and you knew he genuinely wanted me to be happy with the shop and enjoy worry free driving.

One of my tops concerns moving to a new town 15k miles away and buying a Boxster was finding a good shop. What peace of mind I have with Debbie & Mike.

Last edited by fanguy; 09-23-2016 at 10:40 AM.
fanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 07:01 AM   #345

I need an Indy near New Port Richey, Fl.
Thanks
clabar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 06:04 AM   #346

Indy

Found a great one. Westside Autobarn. Harry Chamness builds Porsche racing engines and specializes in Boxsters. He did my 30K service and a PPI, post purchase inspection. Said my '99 was the best he had ever seen. I put another grand into it and it was worth it.
Folks in the Tampa area should check him out. Very honest and reasonable. Took me for a ride in his Boxster and the G's glued me to the seat. Felt like I was in my '63 Cobra.

Westside Autobarn 727.919.1972
New Port Richey, Fl.
clabar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:24 AM   #347

Garage
Thank you! New to the forum and looking for a Boxster (2001) mechanic in the Washington DC area (includes suburban MD and northern VA). Need to replace the Air Oil Sensor. Anyone with experience with Auto Therapy in MD?

Don
daegrigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:57 PM   #348

n eed mechanic

Need reasonable mechanic in pa.. my box sterling shut off pulling into my driveway..hasn't started since. Will sputter once in a while but not run..just turns over..
wagnerjaymes36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:55 AM   #349

Need A Mechanic In Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagnerjaymes36 View Post
Need reasonable mechanic in pa.. my box sterling shut off pulling into my driveway..hasn't started since. Will sputter once in a while but not run..just turns over..
Are you anywhere near Doylestown/Warrington
A former Porsche tech opened his own shop in Doylestown, Pa
On weekends he has a Master Porsche tech working with him.

Doylestown Auto Repair
267-279-947.In order to survive he/they work on other cars but their specialty are Porsches's.

Tommy, the Master tech lives in Warrington and sometimes does work at his home.
mwestboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 06:36 PM   #350

Mechanic in Naples FLA

How about a good boxster mechanics in the Naples Fla area??? Thanks all!
Proteinbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:11 PM   #351

Mechanic in Northern VA

Hi,

Can someone recommend a good Porsche service shop/ mechanic in Northern Virginia (Manassas/ Gainesville area)?

Thank you.
Parsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:45 AM   #352

Garage
Any of the Ontario guys familiar with Hockley Autosport? Wondering if they are a good shop.
dulmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 12:34 PM   #353

Missouri/Kansas

Anyone have a good one in the Kansas City Area? Bob Hindson Racing is a great place but their pricing is out of my budget. If I had a 30k+ Porsche I would take it to them without thinking about it. But my little 7k car is a little underbudget for 4-7k repairs.

Thanks
Thom
no1tmorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:28 AM   #354

Garage
any boxster shop in jacksonville fl area?

new to the area and looking for a local shop in jax or south georgia area for service to my 2000 base 986.

i know there is the former brumos but looking for a more reasonable priced place.

also, any recommended service since he have 22k miles and done nothing other than oil change. plugs, polybelt, trans, brake fluid/filter changes?

thanks
sandybeach2962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:10 PM   #355
Lew
So Blessed!

Garage
Check with Seth! They are on Beach Blvd......

Technical Dimensions
Old 02-22-2017, 03:49 AM   #356

Garage
Anyone here in the Treasure Coast FL area? Newbie here, just brought my new (older) 2000 Boxter S home and prefer to stay local.
Lbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 11:14 PM   #357

Auto-haus in Peapack NJ, I had them do the IMS/clutch. That is where I go when the P needs something beyond my skill set.
Frank N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:06 AM   #358

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulmer View Post
Any of the Ontario guys familiar with Hockley Autosport? Wondering if they are a good shop.
From what I've read on another forum, they are high end and thorough BUT you pay for what you get The owner is a former crew chief on a Grand AM Cup team and knows Porsche (other German brands too). But from what I can read, they're not a budget shop.
Hope that helps!
pidj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:25 AM   #359

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
Check with Seth! They are on Beach Blvd......

Technical Dimensions
These guys are in Jax as well.

https://pulseracingservices.com/
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:59 AM   #360

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidj View Post
From what I've read on another forum, they are high end and thorough BUT you pay for what you get The owner is a former crew chief on a Grand AM Cup team and knows Porsche (other German brands too). But from what I can read, they're not a budget shop.

Hope that helps!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dulmer is offline   Reply With Quote