Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2007, 12:51 PM   #1

Smile clear non-xenons on ebay

not sure if this is off topic to this section but i thought someone might be interested....only thing is only 4.5 hours to go..which could be good or bad...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AWNA%3AMT%3A12&viewitem=&item=150084285811

PORSCHE NON XENON CLEAR HEADLIGHTS Boxster 911 996 986
Item number: 150084285811 - for searching in case the link doesnt work.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:03 PM   #2
boggtown

Ya, ive been watching them for days now. With a buy it now at $550 im sure bidding wont go north of that, if it does then they are dumb.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:48 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Travis
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtown
Ya, ive been watching them for days now. With a buy it now at $550 im sure bidding wont go north of that, if it does then they are dumb.
You would be surprised sometimes, I have seen used Litronics go for $1400.00 on ebay that started off real low. Some people get so wrapped up in the bidding that they forget about common sense
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:28 PM   #4

I bid on them day one... They were listed on PPBB.com - he wanted $650 for the pair, and offered to throw in shipping to me. But I didn't want to go over $450. Bogg - you beat me out!...
Old 01-29-2007, 05:51 PM   #5
boggtown

Dont hate the player, hate the game. lol. Sorry. Well, now I need some clear triangles. Its a never ending story.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:03 PM   #6

No haters here. I went in with a pretty low max bet that I didn't want to exceed. Glad to hear someone on the forum got them. Now I'll just have to start the search again...
Old 01-29-2007, 06:08 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
y would you bid on day one? did u relly expect to win that way? i dont understand this at all....at all
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:17 PM   #8

Nice to see you get them Bogg.
wanna986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:27 PM   #9
boggtown

Thanks. I love my headlights black, but if I ever want to sell the car id be hard pressed to find someone who wanted them that way. I love the taillights too much to switch to clears though. It just makes the lines flow easier than the clear or oranges tails.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by djomlas
y would you bid on day one? did u relly expect to win that way? i dont understand this at all....at all
Guess I'm a little confused, cause I don't see how it really matters.

I put in what my max is - and it bids up $5 over anyone's new bid - unless, that is, someone wants to pay more then my max. Of which I wouldn't bid over anyhow - cause that's the max I wanted to spend.

If I won at or below my price, then great. But it isn't like I'm causing the bid amount to grow earlier then it would otherwise....
Old 01-29-2007, 07:08 PM   #11
boggtown

Very true, but when the bid get within its estimated final price a day before it ends, it makes people think... hmmm, only 5 more dollars and I could have it. Instead of a final last ditch high bid at the end where people underestimate it all and you get it for cheaper. Probably not much cheaper, but its all psychological.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:14 PM   #12

that may work for you, but u may loose a lot of auctions going that way.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:42 PM   #13

I hear ya. But you are both VERY well versed in the Boxster world, and you both know that no matter what fancy bid tactic I might have used, the probability of these going for anything lower then 5 bills was impossible at best.

So on a wing and a prayer, hoping no-one would drop the $550 outright, I put in my max bid. What a sweet deal it would have been..... But alas - it was just a dream.

I'm glad that someone here got them. It's a great deal even at the buy it now price. Can't wait to see them on your ride Bogg.

- C
Old 01-30-2007, 06:21 AM   #14

JGroup buy?

Yeah, I was watching them too but was a little wary of the scratches even though I could not see any in the photos. Good price for sure and I hope they are just fine. Awhile back there was talk of a group buy on clear Halogens, has anything come of that? I am now ready to purchase a set of the clear Halogens, even have my clear corners on hand. Waiting to see what's up.

986geezer
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:45 AM   #15

you just have to look around on ebay, i found a guy selling a peir for buy it now 275 a while back, he listed it under "boxer lites"

Old 01-30-2007, 06:52 AM   #16

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by djomlas
you just have to look around on ebay, i found a guy selling a peir for buy it now 275 a while back, he listed it under "boxer lites"
New or used?

If new, then we should contact him and tell him we are interested in a group buy for a price below $400

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:27 AM   #17
boggtown

Ya, I started the group buy thread, but no one looked for a supplier (myself included). I know me and Todd were working to do a group buy on GT3 seats so thats why I made the thread. Last I heard we could get the replicas for 1,400 shipped, but thats a discount of nothing over the ebay price.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:39 AM   #18

Group buy-Halogens

Johnathan, the best I could come up with for brand new ones was from Pelican parts, post paid for $1,041.50. Suncoast offers them for $1,150 + shipping. I am in the market so if you or anyone else comes across some for a better price before I do, please give me a holler. Thanks in advance,

986geezer
Old 01-30-2007, 12:31 PM   #19

Question Halogen - interior amber

Since we are on this subject, does anybuddy know how to remove the amber withing the non-amber '03/04 Halogen lights? I believe there is a silver bulb that blinks amber available if this interior piece could be removed. I have seen what I believe to be amber removal within the housing but I think it was done on a Litronic light. If I spring big bucks to replace my perfectly good amber Halogens I would like to totally eliminate the amber in the new Halogens. The guy that supplies the silver/flash amber bulbs that I put in my clear tailights and front side markers says he does have a silver bulb for the front so that is not the problem. Any ideas or solutions?

986geezer