986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   So I finally said farewell to the Boxster S (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/9096-so-i-finally-said-farewell-boxster-s.html)

webster132 01-20-2007 10:59 AM

So I finally said farewell to the Boxster S

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give you the final act of the story. I finally said goodbye to the 2006 Boxster S as I did a pre-trade today at Lake Forest Sportscars for a Ferrrari 430 Spider that's coming in February/March.

I ended up putting just about 8300 miles on the baby over the course of some 8 months or so. What a wonderful car.

But of course a Ferrari is a Ferrari and I console my loss of the Boxster that come delivery, I won't feel too sad.

In any case, thanks to everyone here. It's a great resource for Boxster owners. And I learned a ton from ya'all.

(Attached photo is of a F430 with the same specs as the one I'm getting)

porschegeorg 01-20-2007 11:04 AM

That Ferrari is one beautiful machine. Your only problem is that your running out of cars to trade up to. :) Have fun with that new toy!!!!

jmabasa 01-20-2007 11:32 AM

A Ferrari and you're not even close to 30 yet?! Dude, tell me your secret! :D

webster132 01-20-2007 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmabasa
A Ferrari and you're not even close to 30 yet?! Dude, tell me your secret! :D

I think most people who buy Ferraris, or other 200k+ cars for that matter, are business owners. I fall into that category too ;).

I'll be sure to post some pictures when it finally comes in. I'll see if I can't get a friend to help and get a duo shot of the lambo as well. The yellow and the red should nicely contrast.

jmabasa 01-20-2007 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webster132
I think most people who buy Ferraris, or other 200k+ cars for that matter, are business owners. I fall into that category too ;).

I'll be sure to post some pictures when it finally comes in. I'll see if I can't get a friend to help and get a duo shot of the lambo as well. The yellow and the red should nicely contrast.

Oh my gawd! You have a Lambo too?! :eek: I hate you!!! :D

unklekraker 01-20-2007 01:01 PM

A Ferrari and Lambo :eek:
Webster, why do join this forum to make us drool...why, why, why!!!!!! Moderator (Bruce) can some one please kick this guy out of here...hehehehehe, j/k

I so very envy you right now but not the part on deciding which one would you drive for today :D congrats, dude! stay healthy :)

djomlas 01-20-2007 01:26 PM

so which one is the beater car?

webster132 01-20-2007 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djomlas
so which one is the beater car?

That'd be the Audi S4. And it shows too in this weather, being black and all.

Just went out for a nice drive in the Lambo. It may be cold as ****************, but at least it's relatively dry and clear. Looks like we're going to get lots of snow next week :(. Chicago doesn't make it easy on us car fans, does it now.

djomlas 01-20-2007 03:54 PM

not at all man, not at all. but hey, gotta do what you gotta do

hdpt73 01-20-2007 06:55 PM

isn't that the teenage mutant ninja turtle ferrari? if i had that car before i got married, i'd still be single. a box compared to that is like charlize theron compared to rosie o'donell.

jmabasa 01-20-2007 08:57 PM

Quote:

Just went out for a nice drive in the Lambo. It may be cold as ****************, but at least it's relatively dry and clear. Looks like we're going to get lots of snow next week :(. Chicago doesn't make it easy on us car fans, does it now.

Just wondering, how come you dint just sell the Audi and kept the box as your beater?

webster132 01-21-2007 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmabasa
Just wondering, how come you dint just sell the Audi and kept the box as your beater?

A garage consisting solely of two-seaters is not all that useful. At least not if you ever have to drive family or friends. And despite how roomy the Porsche is for luggage compared to others in its class, it's still pretty pathetic compared to a sedan ;). Finally, with real-wheel drive, you better hope that you never have to get out in heavy snow. A little too much wishful thinking in Chicago.

Boxtaboy 01-21-2007 08:23 AM

Good for you man. Congrats on the new purchase. It looks awesome. Please post pics when you have them available, and drive her in good health.

Bavarian Motorist 01-21-2007 08:37 AM

Wow, that's awesome.

I am a business owner as well. Working hard, and working on some great projects :)

Hopefully soon, w/ hard work, I will be in your shoes.

So what's the maintenance cost on **************** like that?

Oh yeah, what is your "family car"? Definitely should grab an m5 :)

jmabasa 01-21-2007 09:18 AM

Any chance we can get a peek of that Lambo? :D

djomlas 01-21-2007 09:32 AM

a peak? hehe, how bout a drive in a lambo man? :)

webster132 01-21-2007 10:59 AM

I posted a few pictures of the Lambo back when I first got it:
http://986forum.com/forums/65412-post.html
http://986forum.com/forums/65413-post.html

The family car is an Audi S4. I'm actually not big a fan of BMWs. Fine automobiles, but the interior is not up to Audi's standards. And I hear the M5 is not exactly a puppy at low speeds either. Which is what having a family/everyday car is all about, imho. I don't need 500 hp of aggressive to pick up groceries ;).

Also, I think it's nice to have a more clearly defined split between everyday and occasion cars. If you drive around with 500hp all the time, getting into a Lamborghini or a Ferrari won't carry the same astonishment.

To each his own, of course. If you could have only one car, an M5 or a M3 might very well be a perfect choice. I like the smoothness and the interior of Audis, though. Even got an automatic.

re: maintenance. As long as you're under warranty, it's pretty mild. The first oil change on the Lambo was $280. The first real service is not until 7500 miles and I hear it's $1,500. Then the next service is at 15k. The warranty on a new lambo is only 2yr/24k, though. After that, things can indeed get expensive if you're not taking care of the car or are simply unlucky.

Regular maintenance is a little more expensive and a little worse with a Ferrari. I think there's a service at 1500 miles, then at 5000 miles, and then I think it's 15/30/45 as well. The first service is just a fluid change too, so that's probably less than $500. But the major services run $3-4,000, I believe. On the upside, the Spider comes with 4 yrs/unlimited warranty. Which is pretty generous in this segment.

jmabasa 01-21-2007 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbth
Jmabasa: Another horrifying signature & picture.What's up with that!
Tasteless....

Hey man, what might be tasteless to you may be art to me.....

bmussatti 01-21-2007 03:09 PM

Very nice Ferrari! Congrats, Webster.

NickCats 01-21-2007 04:13 PM

Quote:

My Boxster hasn't left the garage in 2 weeks :mad:

Weren't you worried about salt getting on your Lambo ?

Don't know where you were, but there was a ton of salt on the roads yesterday in the Northwest suburbs...

Congrats on the new purchase, and enjoy !

Nick