Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2007, 02:15 PM   #1

Help me find this front spoiler!! PLZ!

Ugh this is really stressful.

Allow me to introduce myself, I am a 22 year old male from the west coast of Canada. I have never owned a car before. Since I was 18 and first laid eyes on the Porsche Boxster, I have been saving up almost every dollar ive made to buy one. I am now ready to purchase one, ive decided I want a used 2001. I absolute HATE the 2005 and later models they are soooo god damn ugly. But im not here to argue about that!!

Once I purchase my boxster within the next 60-90 days, I intend to give it a total makeover. The first enhancemet I will be doing is a 996 turbo facelift conversion. This means replacing the boxster front fenders with 996 fenders + removing the headlights and replacing them with the 996 turbo headlights.

Pictures of the converison can be found here;
http://www.essentialstyling.com/boxster_to_996_turbo_conversion.htm

In my opinion, the front of the boxster 986 looks hideous compared to the 996 cabriolet. however I hate the 996's entire rear, but LOVE the boxsters rear. Thus I opt for a boxster, and hey its alot cheaper too.

Now to my question which is in semi-regards to this 996 facelift for my boxster. I want to use a different front spoiler and bottom spoiler lip. Both these components I desire I beleive are TechArt. HOWEVER ive been having a hard as hell time trying to figure out the 'official' name for the front spoiler. I cant find one without first knowing the name of it.

So below is a link to a photo of the EXACT front spoiler, and lower front spoiler lip (both TechArt I 'THINK'). Can ANYONE tell me what the official name for this front spoiler is??? Its very similar to the I beleive "GT2" front spoiler (I could be mistaken), however it does not have that really REALLY ugly little vent system at the very top of the bumper infront of the front hood. I absolutely HATE that little vent thing, so the "GT2" bumper would not work for me. Ive also seen another variant of this same front spoiler, it looks identical to the one I want except it does not have the two little 'gills' that seperate the large openings on the right and left side of the spoiler. I absolutely want those gills, so the variant that does not have those gills will not do it for me.

Here is the photo of the front spoiler and its lower lip addition:
http://www.butzi.cz/clanky/tuningove/techart_911_turbo_cabriolet/techart_911_turbo_cabriolet_ep_001.jpg

So my questions:
1) Is that front spoiler and its front lip accesory both TechArt brand for the 996??

2) What is the technical name of this specific front spoiler variant?? I know its not the GT2 because the GT2 has those top vents, and I know its not the other variant that you will see in the photo of the 996 Facelift conversion I provided previously, as that variation does not have the exterior color painted gills.

3) Anyone know of any websites where I can purchase this exact front spoiler and the additional lower lip accesory at??

Any help is truly appreciated, ive spent the past week trying to figure out the name of this front spoiler and im having no luck so ive come here. Hopefully you boys (and gals!) can help. Thanks alot

Pharaoh Sphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:00 PM   #2

Hey PS. I can't offer any help, I haven't really looked into body kits at all. Just thought I'd congratulate you on your excellent taste in cars, absolutely agree on the look of the 987 vs. 986 (and to a great extent the new interior too, quality aside it's just so cliche).

Be sure to post pics when you get your new ride (before and after would be awesome). Good luck!

-David
http://www.darkoven.com/sig.jpg
David N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:21 PM   #3

YAY I found the front bumper I was looking for

Its called the Techart Turbo Front Spoiler I

Available at
http://www.stuttgartperformance.com/ccp/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?usr=51F114352&rnd=2396963&rrc=N&affl=&cip=&act=&aff=&pg=prod&ref=extprod0077&cat=ta&catstr=HOME:ta

ohhh yea, thats gonna look sweet on a 996 facelifted boxster, lowered by several inches.

David, ill definetly do before and after photos. ive got about 20k to toss down on exterior and interior mods for the vehicle. this will be the sexiest most aggresive looking boxster youve ever seen, and ill keep it from looking 'riced out' LOL which is what me and my friends call cars that are owned by asians who always modify their cars into the stupid fast and furious look. If I see one more supra driven by some vietnameese coke dealer with a spoiler that rises 3 feet off the back of the car im going to snap.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:02 PM   #4

sexiest boxster

here is another link with the entire ground effects. I think this is the best looking boxster kit on the market. http://www.stuttgart.co.uk/986t-look/986t_look2.html

Only thing i would do is add gemballa deep dish wheels

fyi, your front shot looks better with the rest of this kit

Last edited by hdpt73; 01-17-2007 at 04:11 PM.
hdpt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:05 PM   #5

side pic of the kit
Old 01-17-2007, 04:08 PM   #6

closeup of rear bumper
Old 01-17-2007, 04:13 PM   #7

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdpt73
here is another link with the entire ground effects. I think this is the best looking boxster kit on the market. http://www.stuttgart.co.uk/986t-look/986t_look2.html

Only thing i would do is add gemballa deep dish wheels

fyi, your front shot looks better with the rest of this kit

I to LOVE That kit. Till now, i never knew where to get that kit, thanks hdpt73!

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:10 PM   #8

Alright I have another problem I need your guys help to find

Im after these side skirts you'll see in the picture below. The guy whose car this is lists on his website that they are "GT side skirts"... iv googled it and havnt found what I beleive are these side skirts. Does anyone know who makes these side skirts, are these the TechArt GT side skirts? Because they dont 'look' like the techart ones that ive seen in pictures but I cant really tell by the pictures because theyre poor quality.

Can anyone help me? Either with a link to a website that sells them, or the official name of these side skirts or who makes them?

Any help is appreciated as always!

Old 01-18-2007, 02:35 PM   #9

Ahh I found the side skirts they are TechArt, however the reason they dont look like the ones ive seen for sale is because these are the 996 side skirts and not the Boxster TechArt side skirts.

Im going to go out on a limb here and say that the 996 side skirts fit the 986 boxster without any special modifcations needed. Does that sound right to you guys??

Id hate to buy the side skirts as theyre really expensive and find out they wont fit on my boxster. I mean they seem to fit on the boxster in the picture below even tho they are for the 996. So I assume the 986 and the 996 both have the exact same distances between the front and rear tires and all other specifications in common that would be needed for the side skirts to fit both vehicles. If this is not correct can somone please say something? Thanks guys.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:39 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaoh Sphinx
Id hate to buy the side skirts as theyre really expensive and find out they wont fit on my boxster. I mean they seem to fit on the boxster in the picture below even tho they are for the 996. So I assume the 986 and the 996 both have the exact same distances between the front and rear tires and all other specifications in common that would be needed for the side skirts to fit both vehicles. If this is not correct can somone please say something? Thanks guys.
I think the 996 is a bit longer. Percision Porsche in CA makes those out of fiberglass for the boxster if your interested.
-Side Skirts
-Gemballa Exhuast and Cats
-O.Z. Racing 18" Wheels
--18X8.5Front 18X10 Rears
-Michilen PS Tires 225/40/18 & 285/30/18
-5mm Rear Spacers
-Porsche Door Sills
-H&R Springs
-Powerflow Intake
-B&M Short Shifter
-Pioneer Avic-F90BT Navigation
-Focal Polyglass 165VR3
-Alpine PDX 5 Amp
-Bose OEM Subwoofer & Midrange
-Audio Controld DQXS (DSP)
TriGem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:41 PM   #11

The gt3 'vent' thing is a heat vent. Don't you want heat out of your air engine????
Old 01-18-2007, 06:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriGem2k
I think the 996 is a bit longer. Percision Porsche in CA makes those out of fiberglass for the boxster if your interested.

Ahhh. I assume they are the "T/A Side Skirts", looks like it.

Thanks bud. Thats what I was looking for.