Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2007, 01:49 PM   #21

Aubergine - because I had a '72 911T that colour -- and I'm color blind and thought it was BLUE.
Now I have Cobalt and know IT is BLUE

Ed

Sboxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:11 PM   #22

CHROME

I'd like to get my boxster painted dark gun metal chrome, when the paint looks like crap in 10 years.

CHROME
986Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:16 PM   #23

Lapis Blue.

The wife drools over Pcars painted in that color. I like it more I think because of the car itself... she loves that color on most anything. Just as hard to keep as black though.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:44 PM   #24

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
yes you can patent a color, ferrari red is like that, its a violation if you paint a non-ferrari that color
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:40 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Kill
Yeah, that makes sense.
Avarus animus nullo satiatur lucro

THe Michigan State POlice has a patent on their official colors, so they tell me. THey have a very unique blue that looks the Navy BLue ANgels.
jeffsquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:00 PM   #26

Like this

Btw, Rx Coupe rocks.
aBsOlUt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:28 AM   #27

I was going to paint my upcoming boxster a pearl metallic tangerine orange, however I was unable to find an orange carbon fiber for sale to do interior highlights so I had to scrap that idea. The only orange carbon fiber I could find was a black/orange carbon/kevlar combination composite material and it does not look very good. if I couldve found a solid vibrant orange carbon fiber sheets for sale id do it but.. not possible.

I was also going to do a vibrant lime-green pearl metallic paintjob, but again ran into the same carbon fiber issue, could not find the right colored carbon fiber for interior highlights.

I did find some REALLY sexy WHITE carbon fiber, if I had a white porsche id definetly go for the white carbon fiber, thats gotta be sexy as hell.

So now im stuck with doing a pearl metallic vibrant blue as I found an absolutely gorgeous royal blue carbon fiber that will look absolutely incredible when combined along side black carbon fiber, aluminum-look highlights and black leather.
Pharaoh Sphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:37 AM   #28

Metallic Black is the only color for me and that's why both our cars are black. As far as I'm concerned no other color looks as good when it's washed and waxed.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:07 PM   #29

well being that I saw this car after the boxster, and I love superman, maybe Krypton Green, but I am very happy with the white......hey DJ, get to work on a photoshop boxster in this color

super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:57 PM   #30

I have to agree that black is bad arse, but after owning 3 black cars and swearing to never own another one after each time. If I could have found a Speed yellow box when I was looking I would have owned one. I also really like what Porsche is calling Carmona Red Metallic, they used to call it something else though.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:14 PM   #31

man black is soooooo boring, its like doing missionary style in the bedroom everynight, tis just boring as ****************

I dont really like Porsches factory colors, theyre all really boring colors, theyre the same kinda colors you'll see somones civic in, that aint cool, if your gonna get a car of this magnitude, you should have a paint job that helps make the statement of how awesome your car is

thats why ive always admired lamborghini, they have really really cool colors, porsche owners always get their cars in the lamest colors, the kinda colors a 50 year old man would find 'cool'. Theyre like grown up colors, lambos have the sexiest colors ever seen, really styling, really unique, really make the car stand out.

I dont know how you guys could want a black, yellow, red, or other lame color like that, comon man youve got a really kickass car, make your paint job resemble that
Old 01-17-2007, 02:18 PM   #32

you gotta go Phoenix Yellow, a special color on E46 M3's. It is the best color ever. it would look super on a box. Yea?

Take a look at the pic. BTW, most BMW people HATE the color. I dont get it. Kind of a yellow darkened with gold? I am not sure how to describe it. But in person it looks stunning.
Evo Intake
Partial Carbon Interior
Black Leather Sport seats
M030 Sway Bars
Litronics w/ Clear Corners
Boxster S brakes
B&M Short Shifter
PnP rear Speakers + Amp
pecivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:19 PM   #33

I dont know how you guys could want a black, yellow, red, or other lame color like that, comon man youve got a really kickass car, make your paint job resemble that[/QUOTE]

I guess maybe not everyone wants their car to stand out like that.. I always kinda liked how a porsche wasn't so overly noticeable.. until you step on the gas..

Plus I know those bright Lambo colours will attract the cops haha...

But i went to the grocery store last night and saw a white Lotus Esprit... man it look so cool! So low! Better than most new supercars for sure!
I think you said you had one MN Boxster? If a car looks good.. it looks good, no matter what colour...
Well.. except maybe baby puke yellow/green
(Not referring to the bmw colour, that's pretty good)

Last edited by dash22; 01-17-2007 at 03:26 PM.
dash22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:20 PM   #34
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackkatt
I have to agree that black is bad arse, but after owning 3 black cars and swearing to never own another one after each time. If I could have found a Speed yellow box when I was looking I would have owned one. I also really like what Porsche is calling Carmona Red Metallic, they used to call it something else though.
Blackkatt, the old color was called Carmon Red Metallic (code E4). Great color.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:28 PM   #35

I really like the cobalt blue metallic, but I have never seen it in person. If I bought another Boxster, I think I would have to go with the basalt black metallic...

Nick

1999 986 ( Black )
1998 MB C280 ( Black )
1999 BMW K1200RS ( Yellow )
2005 Audi A4 ( Red )
NickCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:52 PM   #36
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCats
I really like the cobalt blue metallic, but I have never seen it in person. If I bought another Boxster, I think I would have to go with the basalt black metallic...

Nick

Cobalt is a very cool color!:
Old 01-17-2007, 05:53 PM   #37
bmussatti

Orange, orange...orange:
Old 01-17-2007, 07:37 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
Orange, orange...orange:
Hi,

I'm not at all averse to Orange. I like Porche's orange, and the late Mopar Competition Orange. Lotus Chrome Orange (sort of a metallic Orange) is also a very nice color and IMHO, would look great on the Boxster. See a couple examples below
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:44 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
Orange, orange...orange:

I like that orange alot! too bad there isnt an orange carbon fiber that looks the same as that..

I also love this pearl metallic tangerine orange