986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Over the top? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/8986-over-top.html)

dmcutter 01-11-2007 12:17 PM

Over the top?

I got bitten on my left by a pit bull last summer while on a bicycle ride. I was thinking of what kind of tattoo I should get to cover the scar. Would a small, yet tasteful Porsche emblem be over the top? After all, the Harley guys have all kind of HD ink done...

djomlas 01-11-2007 12:22 PM

yea, but harley wouldnt sue them for doing that,i bet porsche would :)

that would be kool man, one of my friends has a whole car (camaro) accorss his whole back, and camaro letters on top of it, kinda extreme tho. but that would look really nice

jeffsquire 01-11-2007 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmcutter
I got bitten on my left by a pit bull last summer while on a bicycle ride. I was thinking of what kind of tattoo I should get to cover the scar. Would a small, yet tasteful Porsche emblem be over the top? After all, the Harley guys have all kind of HD ink done...

Why not just keep it bare and claim you got it after you kicked a Harley rider's a$$.

bmussatti 01-11-2007 12:24 PM

I hope you sued the pit bull owner for pain & suffering! Maybe a tatoo with a dollar sign ($), if you made out well! :)

bmussatti 01-11-2007 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffsquire

Why not just keep it bare and claim you got it after you kicked a Harley rider's a$$.

Good one JS! :D

djomlas 01-11-2007 12:26 PM

or how about: "pitbull has the rest of it"(rest of skin) right under the scar? id so rock that if i got bit by something like that.

Perfectlap 01-11-2007 12:30 PM

I can't think of a single car maker worthy of such pain.
The biker dudes well they live in their own world that rarely intersect with ours.

My friend has an extreme opinion, he says anyone over the age of 24 getting a non-commemorative tatoo is trailer park material. LOL
You should come to the "day trip" beaches here in NJ, you'd be hard pressed to find a single person without one particularly among the infamous New Jersey Body Builder crowd. Thankfully the tatoo craze is starting to wane I just can't believe someone can live with seeing the same anything for that long.

bmussatti 01-11-2007 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfectlap
I can't think of a single car maker worthy of such pain.
The biker dudes well they live in their own world that rarely intersect with ours.

My friend has an extreme opinion, he says anyone over the age of 24 getting a non-commemorative tatoo is trailer park material. LOL
You should come to the "day trip" beaches here in NJ, you'd be hard pressed to find a single person without one particularly among the infamous New Jersey Body Builder crowd. Thankfully the tatoo craze is starting to wane I just can't believe someone can live with seeing the same anything for that long.

Hey PL, you'd be surprised how often the Harley biker dudes cross our paths. Plus, they are pretty nice to us Porsche owners. They are always flashing the "thumbs-up" to us! Lots of professionals and business executives ride hogs.

As for tattoos waning. I disagree. You must not have been to a high school football game recently! I would say about half the high school girls have tattoos on their backs, just about at the belt line. You know the type. Oh yes, and pierced belly buttons!

RAZOR1 01-11-2007 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmussatti
Hey PL, you'd be surprised how often the Harley biker dudes cross our paths. Plus, they are pretty nice to us Porsche owners. They are always flashing the "thumbs-up" to us! Lots of professionals and business executives ride hogs.

As for tattoos waning. I disagree. You must not have been to a high school football game recently! I would say about half the high school girls have tattoos on their backs, just about at the belt line. You know the type. Oh yes, and pierced belly buttons!

Around here we call that tattoo a "TRAMP STAMP"..

Just and FYI!!!

Travis 01-11-2007 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmussatti

Hmmmm ..... better be careful, don't want to see you on CNN. ;)

As far as the tattoo, get more creative and try to work out a deal with Bruce Lee and place the forum html link in the tattoo . . . .

Oh nevermind that has been done before :D

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?f=/n/a/2005/06/30/national/a064000D81.DTL&o=0

Norminhouston 01-11-2007 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffsquire

Hey Jeff, take it easy on the Harley guys. You might have a few on this forum. When I'm not driving my '03 S, I'm riding my Fatboy. But I don't have any tattoos. :)

boggtown 01-11-2007 01:45 PM

I think you mean on dateline... And ya, those girls are a dime a dozen. Never gets old though...lol, High five :cheers:

CJ_Boxster 01-11-2007 01:53 PM

too bad you cant tattoo over scars. it doesnt work. got that info from Miami Ink.

RandallNeighbour 01-11-2007 02:01 PM

Wear that scar with pride. Leaving it blank will give you more of a story to tell!

Human 0, Pit bull 1, huh?

MNBoxster 01-11-2007 02:07 PM

Hi,

When I was in the Navy, lots of guys were getting tattoos, from Liberty Ports in Hong Kong and Subic Bay - real classics, much revered today . I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Now, 20 yrs. later I don't regret it at all. If I wanna change my look, I can switch to a different color shirt, not see a Laser brandishing Dermotologist - OUCH from what I hear.

But, just 'cause I don't want em on me doesn't mean I don't appreciate the artistry which goes into a good one, I think they're fascinating.

I may take a correspondence class in it and specialize in Female Bikini Line tats - good work if you can get it!... ;)

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

bmussatti 01-11-2007 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Wear that scar with pride. Leaving it blank will give you more of a story to tell!

Human 0, Pit bull 1, huh?

How true, Randall...we all need bigger stories to tell! :)

dmcutter 01-11-2007 02:32 PM

Careful on the generalizations, dudes. I ride a Buell, which has a Harley motor, although the Harley guys typically look at Buells with much disdain. I got my first tat at age 43, a pink breast cancer ribbon on my shoulder after my mother died of advanced breast cancer...of course, that's hardly commercial. Maybe instead of the P-car logo, a nice tasteful dragon if I survive the May trip to the Tail without wadding up my Box...

Dr. Kill 01-11-2007 02:51 PM

I have a few tattoos from my army days. They are scars just like any other – I don’t ever want to forget what I went through, and I have not regretted them a day in my life.

Fortunately, I did have the sense to predict a white collar occupation and kept the tatts in areas that would be hidden while wearing a short sleeved shirt...

Dr. Kill 01-11-2007 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djomlas
or how about: "pitbull has the rest of it"(rest of skin) right under the scar? id so rock that if i got bit by something like that.

That is hilarious!

Y2BOX 01-12-2007 01:48 PM

If you did get a Porsche tattoo do you think you would get a rear seal leak?
and I bet you are out of warranty!!! :chicken: