Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2024, 01:21 AM   #1
DickyB

Hood Drip tray Clips

I have a 2000 986 boxster. We had a drama a few years ago when one of the drip trays on the hood split, flooded the passengers floor and killed the computer! Cost £1000s to repair but we paid up to keep the car. I had to photograph the engine bay for the insurers and I see that the piece of leathercloth that catches water at the back of the hood is not attached to the clips on the rear bulkhead. There are a couple of black hooks on the bulkhead but no obvious way of attaching the plastic moulding sewn onto the back drip fabric to them. Has anyone got a diagram of what should be there or a photo so I can buy whatever is necessary to refit this part?

Thanks

All sorted now, the hooks have been installed upside down on my car, obviously always been like since I bought it!!

Thanks to everyone who has viewed this issue

Last edited by DickyB; 09-22-2024 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Re posted original in error
DickyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2024, 04:08 AM   #2
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyB View Post
I have a 2000 986 boxster. We had a drama a few years ago when one of the drip trays on the hood split, flooded the passengers floor and killed the computer! Cost £1000s to repair but we paid up to keep the car. I had to photograph the engine bay for the insurers and I see that the piece of leathercloth that catches water at the back of the hood is not attached to the clips on the rear bulkhead. There are a couple of black hooks on the bulkhead but no obvious way of attaching the plastic moulding sewn onto the back drip fabric to them. Has anyone got a diagram of what should be there or a photo so I can buy whatever is necessary to refit this part?

Thanks
Couldn't post that pic for us?
Old 09-21-2024, 07:58 AM   #3

Assuming you are talking about parts referenced in image 2 highlighted in red box below...

Clips / hooks (4) on either side are all that's used / needed. Plastic u-channel (3)sewn to apron at rear of top simply slips up into hooks and is held in place under tension created.

Good luck

Old 09-22-2024, 02:30 AM   #4
DickyB

Thanks !!

Thanks for the diagrams. That solves the problem....the hooks are upside down??? I'll sort them out now. Thanks for all the help!!
Old 09-22-2024, 02:33 AM   #5
DickyB

Sorry, I meant to Reply!!

Thanks Burg for the advice, The hooks have been installed upside down on mine...obviously always been like it since we had the car!!!

I'll go and reverse them now. Thanks everyone who's looked at this for me.