Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions
Register Garage FAQ Community Calendar

Post Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2025, 03:44 AM   #1
Registered User
 
piper6909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: PA
Posts: 1,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfGal View Post
It would have to be an aftermarket AOS, because the chances I'd shell out $1650 for a Genuine Porsche AOS are practically nonexistent. I much prefer Amazon's $55 alternative:
Where did you get the $1650 price? Pelican has a genuine Porsche for $192.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/99610702304.htm?pn=996-107-023-04-M100&bc=c&SVSVSI=0784
__________________
2002 Boxster Base - Arctic Silver - Tiptronic
2010 Subaru Forester
1980 Ford C-8000 Custom Cab Emergency-One Fire Truck
__________________
"I never lose. I either win or I learn." -Nelson Mandela
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2025, 08:20 AM   #2
Registered User
 
LoneWolfGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Oregon
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by piper6909 View Post
Where did you get the $1650 price? Pelican has a genuine Porsche for $192.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/99610702304.htm?pn=996-107-023-04-M100&bc=c&SVSVSI=0784
Oops! I searched for "986 air oil separator" and it came up with this:

https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/98710792600.htm?pn=987-107-926-00-OEM&bc=c&SVSVSI=

If I hadn't been in a rush I would have noticed the form factor was very different.
__________________
2000 986 base
Arctic Silver/black
2.7 liter
5-speed manual
LoneWolfGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Post Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page