Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2006, 10:39 AM   #21

A tribute to my first love, BMW. I've owned two 2006 BMWs and I want everyone to know how I feel about them!

Old 12-14-2006, 12:26 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by djomlas
did u guys wanna get on this one? what does your username stand for?
some are well...just selfexplanitory...but some are not.

maybe a good thread, maybe not....maybe the same way as the picture thread that turned out much better than i ever thought when i posted it

http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2583
jeffsquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:46 PM   #23

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
i looked but i couldnt find any....either way, now we got 2
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:47 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian Motorist
A tribute to my first love, BMW. I've owned two 2006 BMWs and I want everyone to know how I feel about them!
Where'd they go?
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:54 PM   #25

C stands for my name - Casey. And the 5150 is in tribute to Van Halen, who's music first inspired me to drive fast through turns.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:16 PM   #26

The name evolved from when I was playing a FPS with a bunch of co-workers. I wanted my name to strike fear into their hearts when I logged in, so I chose "Bringer of Death" which after a short while was shortened to just Bringer.

I started to use it as a user name in a number of websites but many already had a Bringer so I started trying Bringer6 and if it was used, Bringer66, etc. (6 is a lucky number for me). Once I got to Bringer666, I never found any websites where it was already in use, so I stuck with it.

It has nothing at all to do with the "number of the beast" but if people think it does, I don't mind.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:33 PM   #27

I'm a PE Civil from SoCal, too! Didn't think about using that as a user name, tho. I used Silverboxter (sp) because Silverboxster was already taken. Yep, I've got a silver boxster.
silverboxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:35 AM   #28

Silver!
oooooh. My boxster is silver as well. Seems most of them are. But the car looks really good in silver. The only color I would take over it would be speed yellow.

where do you work? I work at a consulting structural eng firm in downtown san diego. Do you do true civil work or something else?

Always good to know a fellow PECivil with a Boxster.
Evo Intake
Partial Carbon Interior
Black Leather Sport seats
M030 Sway Bars
Litronics w/ Clear Corners
Boxster S brakes
B&M Short Shifter
PnP rear Speakers + Amp
pecivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:19 PM   #29

oranje

oranje is Dutch spelling for the color orange (not the fruit, as that would be sinaasappel - go figure). The national color of Holland is orange, after the royal family's name. Am I royalty? No... but I can be a royal pain in the %#@
Old 12-16-2006, 02:37 AM   #30

Cool Names

Funny thread. I started by signing in with my real name but added: 986geezer as my signature. I probably should up date that when I post a pic of the Box. I just turned 66 in Oct. and just bought my first Boxster in Dec. so you get the picture. You are an official Geezer or Old Pharte when you turn 65 so here I am.

My other love is model trains, On30 (1/4" scale 30" between rails") and on those formums I have many names. NYTroublemaker, Darthelero, Wun Gai, 2-gun thingy, NYRailbaron and some unmentionable. A bench hobby and a driving hobby, both keep me busy. Party on!

986geezer
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 04:54 AM   #31

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
My screen name is the same on all the boards I join. It's what everyone calls me in real life, too, since there are about 1,000 Chris's out there. Chills is just easier.

"Chills" first started in 8th grade. I walked into the gym locker room and our coach had put our names on the lockers. Mine said "CHills" since my name is Chris Hills.

Chills stuck and the name has become even more appropriate because I'm a mountaineer and I love (I mean LOVE) the cold. Once the temp gets above 65 degrees I'm miserable.

Chills is also what the ladies get when I walk into a room.

It's not about the summit, it's about the climb.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q46/chills1138/2.jpg
Chills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 07:03 AM   #32

PECivil - Used to work in Old Town, San Diego until y2k. Traffic on the 15 just got to be too much...live in Hemet. Transferred to beautiful downtown San Bernardino.

I used to do "real" civil work. Now I'm in management...spreadsheets and meetings now!
Old 12-16-2006, 04:28 PM   #33

hemet to san berdo ain'tt too bad. My grandma lives in hemet. Interesting mix of people there. But some great view of those mountains.

The 15 traffic is SO bad, but lemme tell you about a commute, my friend. I was working at a crappy job with no chance of moving up, living and working in orange county. I connected through a construction super at one of my job sites, and he hooked me up with a SE he knew who just started his own firm and needed another experiencd SE to help. Only problem is he is based in downtown SD. We hit it off immediately, and for 2 YEARS I commuted from north orange county to downtown SD, exactly 99.8 miles door to door, each way. I did work from home Tuesdays & Thursdays, but MW&F was a ********************, and I love to drive. Last August we made the decision and moved & bought a home in Poway. Poway is nice, and the 15 traffic clears up right where I get on the fwy. Not too bad. The OC is WAY more congested than down here. Every freeway looks like the 15.
Evo Intake
Partial Carbon Interior
M030 Sway Bars
Boxster S brakes
B&M Short Shifter
PnP rear Speakers + Amp
Old 12-16-2006, 04:49 PM   #34

PECivil-

Been through Poway...talk about beautiful mtn views! Congrats on the job. Yeah, the drive to San Berdoo isn't too bad but there's construction in Redlands that slows things down a bit. Actually, there's construction everywhere! I used to ride my bike around Mission Bay everyday during lunch...boy do I miss that. The bike ride through the Inland Empire just can't compare.

Are you married?...is your wife a teacher? Mine is...seems like alot of engineers marry teachers. I guess it's a good combo...just like cops and nurses. : )
Old 12-16-2006, 07:12 PM   #35

oh yea married for 19 years! I have 14yr old and 10 yr old sons! I am geting old, but the boxster helps keep me feeling young. My wife is not a teacher, but she is a nurse! She has been an RN for 20 years. She does psych......probably that's why she was drawn to me....I'm friggin nuts. We call her nurse ratchet....

married with kids yourself I suppose?

Monte
Evo Intake
Partial Carbon Interior
M030 Sway Bars
Boxster S brakes
B&M Short Shifter
PnP rear Speakers + Amp
Old 12-16-2006, 08:35 PM   #36

PECivil-

Yep, married for 16 years. We've got the set...my son is 8.5 and we just had a b-day party for my daughter. She's six. We heated the pool and had a huge party. The kids had a blast. Now on to xmas.

The grey hair is starting to poke through. Not too bad yet. The Boxster makes me feel like I'm in my twenty's! When we bought it back in September, all my buds at work kept asking if it was a mid-life C'mon!, I just turned thirty-nine!...that's not mid-life, right?

-Will
Old 12-16-2006, 08:43 PM   #37

coincidences! My sons birthday party is tomorrow!! We are having the usual big shindig. I am 42, but no gray yet. I got the same mid life crisis stuff from everybody when I got it in October 04. They can think what they want, but I had wanted a Porsche since my dad got his 914 in 1972 when I was 8.

I just finished swaping in a 3.4 carrera engine into the thing. It really kicks some butt now. Have you done any "mods" to yours?
Evo Intake
Partial Carbon Interior
M030 Sway Bars
Boxster S brakes
B&M Short Shifter
PnP rear Speakers + Amp
Old 12-16-2006, 08:58 PM   #38

lol! b-day partys are fun. the weather really didn't cooperate today. hope tomorrow is better for you. tell your boy happy birthday for me. : )

haven't done any mods. really happy with everything on it. it's my first p-car but i
i've always wanted one since i was a kid.

did you do the engine swap yourself? funny thing is that i turned wrenches to get myself through sdsu...but i don't trust myself with the boxster. go figure.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:17 AM   #39

nope wouldn't do an engine swap myself. I can do easy stuff like changing fluids, brakes, etc, but not an engine swap.

Evo Intake
Partial Carbon Interior
M030 Sway Bars
Boxster S brakes
B&M Short Shifter
PnP rear Speakers + Amp