Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2006, 05:42 AM   #21

I had a very long (1.5 hour) conversation with the owner of Lux Wheels and Accessories on the phone about a month ago after I bought some center caps from him and one of them didn't match.

The customer service call turned into a counseling session and then I prayed with him over the phone (I do this whenver I can with people. May seem wierd to you, but when you really need healing and understanding from God, you'll even pray with a stranger on the phone!)

He was diagnosed with colon cancer just two weeks before, and was to start chemo a couple of days later. I would imagine that's why he's bombed on his business.

I never got the replacement wheel cap and just decided to blow it off and buy it from Sunset. I did notice he had two pages of very negative feedback though. After all, his cancer is far bigger of an issue right now.

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 05:52 AM   #22

You're a good man, Randall! One of the few that will profess their faith even into a stranger over the phone Amen to you brother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
I had a very long (1.5 hour) conversation with the owner of Lux Wheels and Accessories on the phone about a month ago after I bought some center caps from him and one of them didn't match.

The customer service call turned into a counseling session and then I prayed with him over the phone (I do this whenver I can with people. May seem wierd to you, but when you really need healing and understanding from God, you'll even pray with a stranger on the phone!)

He was diagnosed with colon cancer just two weeks before, and was to start chemo a couple of days later. I would imagine that's why he's bombed on his business.

I never got the replacement wheel cap and just decided to blow it off and buy it from Sunset. I did notice he had two pages of very negative feedback though. After all, his cancer is far bigger of an issue right now.
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 05:53 AM   #23

Send a message via AIM to Travis
Congrats on the outcome.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 09:51 AM   #24

I don't buy the idea that because he had cancer he could keep collecting money and not send product and not send an explanation.

I take care of hundreds of people with cancer, and while its an awful disease, it would not prevent the person from sending a 10 sec email to say there was a prob and the money would be refunded.

I am sorry the guy got cancer, but thats not an excuse for this.
UroTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:26 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbth
Unless he's in hospice or dead.
even then he could have made an effort.......that's a joke

on a serious note, my aunt just passed from cancer a couple months back....it was long drawn out ugly process...and when it finally took its grip it was like a switch....she went from walking to out of it....not sure if she sold anything on ebay but yeah I would say it would have been the last thing on her mind....

the guy is down on the dumps enough battling a degrading disease....it easily strips you of your pride......hopefully he is alright

congrats on getting your money back!
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:33 AM   #26

Uro, the issue was not with his cancer treatments, it was with his head. He was really messed up emotionally over the news and poor prognosis and kinda numb to the world when we spoke. The doctors told him it had rapidly chewed away at his colon and was probably in other parts of his body already.

Put yourself in his position. Who gives a crap about my center caps or your item when I might die in a couple of months, and die miserably?

He stiffed me out of a center cap and it was a pain the arse to swap out center caps twice and pay another $30 to get the missing one from another source.

I'm thinking his logic (albeit a lousy businessman's thinking process) is, "Hey, they can always contest it with Paypal or their credit card company and get their money back quickly. I just can't handle all this PLUS the fact I might up and die young with a wife and small kids in the house."

Lux advertises in Excellence, has banner ads on various Porsche web sites, and usually maintains about 100 simultaneous auctions on Ebay. He was getting hundreds of new emails every day inquiring about product, plus customer service issues. He told me that he got behind with me and one other repeat customer and was working on it but was having some bad hours of depression thinking about his situaiton. Slack off on a couple hundred emails a day for a week and it would take some around the clock work for a month to catch up.

Uro, I was really pissed when I could not get him on the phone or email and didnt' even know if he got the wrong cap back from me... so I suspended the paypal payment and in the note box, insisted he call me on my cell phone to resolve the issue.

What he did to both you and me was not right. Let me make that clear.

However, like I said above, immanent death is far more important to a person than whether you and I get our precious Porsche parts. There's just no comparing the two unless one loves his Porsche more than life (his or someone else's) itself. I do not think this applies to you or me, so it's time to give this man some grace, even though he doesn't deserve it from a business perspective...

I decided to find some compassion for this man in hopes that one day, if and when something like this hits me, I will too have the kindness of strangers and even strangers with whom I do business and owe product or money (the Golden Rule).

I know this post was long, but at least you can see my thinking in letting the business part of it go and even losing some money over it. It's a small price to pay to show a stranger some kindness when he's down for the count.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:38 AM   #27

amen randall....
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 12:53 PM   #28

Randall, point well taken.

Old 12-22-2006, 01:07 PM   #29

Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
AMEN TO THAT!

My Uncle just passed away 6 months ago from Colon and Liver Cancer. It was one of the hardest things in the world to watch. Some days he was fine and other he could not move. Towards the end of his days knowing there was no hope he was not able to put aside his pride. He could not admit to himself that his time had come. He refused to sign over papers giving his children and his Wife the rights to all their financial assets. The day before his passing he had one last talk with my father (his youngest brother) and finally gave up. The following morning he was gone.

I don't think there is anything harder on a man than to know he has become helpless.
-Side Skirts
-Gemballa Exhuast and Cats
-O.Z. Racing 18" Wheels
--18X8.5Front 18X10 Rears
-Michilen PS Tires 225/40/18 & 285/30/18
-5mm Rear Spacers
-Porsche Door Sills
-H&R Springs
-Powerflow Intake
-B&M Short Shifter
-Pioneer Avic-F90BT Navigation
-Focal Polyglass 165VR3
-Alpine PDX 5 Amp
-Bose OEM Subwoofer & Midrange
-Audio Controld DQXS (DSP)
TriGem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:11 PM   #30

UroTrash wrote:
> Its: one-fast-ducati-916 as in:

Cool to see someone on the Box forum with good taste in moto-bikes as well -- here's my current Ducati that's in the pipe:

http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/~peer/Duc/duc-900Progetto.html

-- peer
Peer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:14 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer

THAT'S WILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-22-2006, 01:16 PM   #32

Send a message via AIM to Travis
Randall

Nice to have you on the board, you have a way of putting things into perspective and bring a little humanity to this board.

Thanks!
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:39 PM   #33

Travis, thanks for the sentiment... however, just to balance it all out and insure no one thinks I'm an angel in this situation, it should be said that I was fuming mad just like UroTrash when I was going through what he went through with Lux.

Then I was praying one morning (which I try to do daily) and really felt that God clearly told me to be compassionate and to get it into perspective. I asked for forgiveness for being so friggin' selfish (I hate it when I act like a two year old) and asked God what I should do about it. Later that day, I got the brilliant idea (ok, God put the thought in my head) to buy another cap from Sunset, write the $30 loss off to experience, and send Lux a note telling him not to worry about my cap and that I would be praying for a speedy recovery. There but for the grace of God go I ...