Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2006, 12:46 PM   #1

First drive home

Well I drove it home to NY after picking up in CT this morning. 2.7 Tip is pretty peppy so I can imagine what an s must be like or even one of the new 'base' models. Performance is much enhanced when using the shift buttons rather than the 'economical' Drive setting. I have much to learn and much fun to have. Wife loves the car and is ok about "some" mods. Was it Randall that calls the Boxster a 'black hole for dead presidents'? He is absolutely right..........but what a rush !!!

I am now an official member 986geezer :dance:

Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:58 PM   #2

Actually, it was BruceLee who called my car "the black hole" on a thread where someone asked the forum members if they'd named their cars... I just added the last part on it to clarify that my first year, badly abused black boxster has sucked every dollar out of my wallet for the last 2.5 years. But hey, it's a hobby car and I love it!

What year is your car? The 987 base boxster's 2.7 puts out as much HP as the older S's, by the way.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:10 PM   #3

'02

Randall, it is an '02 Arctic Silver with Graphite Grey interior that looks like no one ever driven it. 35k. 2.7 has 217 hp with 192 ft lb of Torque from what I read in the Frere book.

I already have the clear (or smoke) side markers with silver bulbs to replace along with bumper plugs when I ditch the front plate. Eric also offers a nice silver or clear third brake light lens that will furthur clean up the back end. Bumperettes and '03 tailights are all on the agenda. Wheels are a toss up as I like the economy and feel of the 17" but get all moist over the Carrera 18" thin spokes. What's a poor man to do? Party on I suppose.

986geezer
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:56 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
drive it as is for some time so that u can appreciate the mods you do. enjoy is and get to know your car b4 u go crazy w mods.

exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote