Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2006, 12:40 PM   #1

Question Which Michelin?

I had a set of Michelin Pilot Sport Rib tires for a few hundred miles on my 17" factory rims and loved them. They were more quiet and much more grippy than the Perilli's they replaced.

As I am considering a new set of tires when the warm weather lands, I am wondering if I should get the Pilot Sport Rib for my new aftermarket 18" rims, or try the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 that I have been reading about.

I read the blurb at tirerack.com about each of the tires, and the cost for each is about the same. I guess I am most interested in performance, wear, wet driving and road noise in that order. Any ideas?

Ed

:dance:

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 01:03 PM   #2

When my Ribs wore out I replaced them with PS2's. I'm very happy with them. They have more grip and they ride a bit better over the choppy stuff. They're both excellent tires but, I think the PS2's are just a tad better.

Last edited by Adam; 12-08-2006 at 01:12 PM.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:40 PM   #3

PS2's baby!

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote