Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2004, 06:27 PM   #1
Forum Member

Talking New Boxster S - Need new Speakers

Hey all,

I just picked up a “New” ’03 Boxster S (left over stock, with 100 miles). It has “almost” all the options that I wanted, and I got it for a great deal. Since I still can’t figure out how to post to the site, here is a link to some pics of my new ride, from the day that I got her.

I got her from Hennessy Porsche, in Alpharetta (North Atlanta) Georgia. Just for the record, I have to say that Hennessy Porsche rocks. If you need a new or used Porsche, see Joe Williams @ Hennessy Porsche.

photos.yahoo.com/sietek31

Anyway, like I said before, it has ALMOST every option that I want. The problem is, it only has the base radio, with those two tiny speakers in the dash. Needless to say, the radio doesn’t sound all too good. I was wondering…… Does anyone know of any door speaker enclosures out there, that I can use to mount speakers to the doors? I have seen the lower door panels on the Boxsters that have speakers in the doors. Something like that would work. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

sietek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 07:19 PM   #2

I tried to post a pic of my 03 S, but it said the pic is too big and I don't know how to resize it. Your car looks very nice btw. I like the wing and body kit. Is that a factory option? Anyway what options do you have? I have the xenons, 18" carrera light wheels, painted roll bar, and the bose digital sound package w/sub. I noticed you have the technics package for the interior and you have the carrera wheels. So, your car didn't come with speakers in the doors? I thought all boxsters had at least a 4 speaker system with speakers in the doors and dash. Are you saying that you only have the 2 speakers in the dash?
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 07:32 PM   #3

congrats! Is that speed yellow? I really couldnt tell in the pic- nice car!
satlanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 04:42 AM   #4
Forum Member

Hey. Yes the body kit is factory. It is the “Areokit” Package. She is “Speed Yellow”. As far as other options… I also have the Sport Design Package (with sport seats and special leather interior), 18” Light Carrera wheels, Speed Yellow seatbelts, Wind Stop Deflector (which works great, I might add), CD shelf center console, The “Special Chassis Rigidly Tuned” (this lowers the car by 10mm, and used stiffer springs), Black floor mats, with black Porsche lettering, and Color crests on the wheels.

Believe it or not, the car only has the two speakers, and they are both up in the dash. I have absolutely nothing in the doors. I don’t even have the bump out in the door panels space to put any speakers in the door. When I adjust the fader to the rear speaker setting, I get no sound out of the radio. And there is no external amp in the front trunk. I am enjoying the car, but I really need to do something about the audio system. It is killing me.

I was wondering if I could just replace the lower, carpeted portion, of the door panel, with one from a Porsche with speakers built in. Any thoughts?
sietek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 08:50 AM   #5

My Boxster has the same set up and it is bothering me as well I just added a new reciever (sony M8800) which is awesome but I would like some door speakers as well. I do plan on adding the storage speaker set up

Automon is offline   Reply With Quote