Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2023, 03:31 AM   #1

New Owner, Few Questions

Hey guys and gals, just joined after picking up a manual 2004 Boxster with 75,000 miles. Seems very clean but have a couple things to look into. Let me know if there’s anything else to look into. I plan to take it to a Porsche mechanic to have the IMS looked at and a thorough inspection done. Thanks!

1. Some shaking during takeoff from stop. The more gas I give it the less it shakes, but don’t want to give it more gas than needed all the time.

2. Drivers side window doesn’t always get into ready to close position when roof is up. The window sometimes collided with roof and then freaks out and goes up and down. I have to do it slowly and the. Push the door closed.

3. Stereo is a 1-din kenwood that doesn’t really work, and speakers hardly work. I’m going to put in a 2-din unit with wireless CarPlay and likely new speakers. Any go-to suggestions? This Porsche Classic Radio looks really nice but pricey and seems like a lot of installation work.

Nchiarel4 is offline   Reply With Quote