Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2023, 06:57 AM   #1

Seeking parts

Hi all. I just got the car out of winter storage. Before putting it away a fellow 986 owner / friend removed interior parts (console, door arm rests, couple small parts) that were covered in that soft gray material that gets terribly scratched which I sent to someone to sandblast the original finish and then to a body shop to paint the parts clear. The parts look great BUT when we went to install them we couldn't find the armrest springs, any other hardware to install the armrests and screws that were removed when removing the console. I can't find these parts listed in Pelican Parts site so I'm hoping there is a forum member that can help me obtain these parts. Thanks in advance,
Larry (The Bald Eagle)

Bald Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 08:09 AM   #2
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald Eagle View Post
... we couldn't find the armrest springs, any other hardware to install the armrests and screws that were removed when removing the console. ...
Hi Larry, As I understand, your armrests are good, but you need everything between the armrest flap and the door panel along with screws for the center console?
I have a couple junk door panels that should have all that. Then I can throw them away having finally had a justification for keeping them so long. I'll get them later today and post a pic to verify what you need. My price shipped will be around $986 payable by cashier's check.

(Actually, shipping in a padded envelope I should be able to get it to you for $5.)

Last edited by 78F350; 05-23-2023 at 06:24 PM.
78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 06:23 PM   #3

Garage
The armrests are each held on with four screws. I assume that your armrests still have the the mounting arms attached. The place where the pointy end of the springs go is often cracked. I have repaired them with a little bit of JB Weld epoxy.

It's been a while since I removed a center console and I'm not sure what screws it takes. I can include a bag of 'Boxster screws'.

$5 shipped if you want what is pictured. Let me know.
Old 05-24-2023, 04:55 AM   #4

Garage
Gotta love the people on this site.
Radman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 06:12 AM   #5
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radman View Post
Gotta love the people on this site.
78F is a gem.
Old 05-24-2023, 07:58 AM   #6

You guys are great! I'll send you both $5 so I'll be sure (with fingers crossed) that the parts will work and maybe I'll have a couple extras. pm me your addresses and "the checks will be in the mail."
Larry (the Bald Eagle)
Bald Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 09:33 AM   #7

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald Eagle View Post
You guys are great! I'll send you both $5 so I'll be sure (with fingers crossed) that the parts will work and maybe I'll have a couple extras. pm me your addresses and "the checks will be in the mail."
Larry (the Bald Eagle)
You can click on this PayPal link and send me $5: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/JonCarparts or send money in the mail. Either way is fine. I'll send a PM.
Old 05-24-2023, 07:31 PM   #8

Garage
I received the reply and have it ready to ship. I think I can convince Mrs 78F350 to mail it tomorrow. I'm going to be on the road all day to pick up a 2002 S parts car/engine donor.