Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2023, 11:28 PM   #1

986 Srings & Cigarette Lighter

Greetings fellow Boxster lovers, it's great to be a part of this community! I have a couple of questions...

Do the springs in the photos look ok? The previous owner of my 1998 986 fitted springs which lowered it, but I want to change it back to how it was and these are the springs that he swapped out.

Also, the cigarette lighter doesn't work. I've attached a photo of the inside of it. Can you recognise any issues?

Many thanks!
Charlie.

Chariie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 02:20 AM   #2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariie View Post

Greetings fellow Boxster lovers, it's great to be a part of this community! I have a couple of questions...

Do the springs in the photos look ok? The previous owner of my 1998 986 fitted springs which lowered it, but I want to change it back to how it was and these are the springs that he swapped out.

Also, the cigarette lighter doesn't work. I've attached a photo of the inside of it. Can you recognise any issues?

Many thanks!
Charlie.
The springs look like…springs. OK, I guess.

When you say the lighter doesn’t work, do you mean that the lighter doesn’t work or do you mean that the lighter socket doesn’t provide 12V power to whatever you’d like to plug into it? If the former, no clue. If the latter, what have you checked so far?
Old 05-08-2023, 03:30 AM   #3

Thanks Tom, as you can guess I'm a newby! There's no power coming out of cigarette lighter. Just wondering if there's something missing when you look into the unit as per the pic?
Chariie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 08:00 AM   #4

Check the fuse.

RL911 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boxster 986 , cigarette lighter , springs , suspension