Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2022, 09:47 AM   #1

Garage
Tiptronic A8600-102 5HP-19 Trouble

Hello, Tiptronic A8600-102 5HP-19. I have a 1998 Automatic Boxster. It’s been sitting for 2 years. Problems I’ve fixed, ignition, Brake switch, drains, battery, Transmission Fluid level and fuses and the engine runs good but, It will Not physically go into Park or engage the wheels in any gear. From the Tiptronic underside I can shift from I,2,3,D,N,and R but not Park. From the Shifter inside the car I can shift from D,N,R but NOT Park. It will start in Neutral and I have tested the Neutral Safety Switch and the brake switch and still have the same problem. I have inspected the gear shift selector and shift cable for interference or obstructions, they both look Ok. I tried to put it into gear by hand by moving the lever and neutral safety switch manually, but even though I can move to all gears except Park the Tiptronic gear box does not engage or move the wheels. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 07:47 AM   #2

Garage
https://youtu.be/54_lJ8SJPas

watch this video. pay particular attention at 5:30 for the linkage function (as I believe you are already familiar with) and most importantly 17:30 where hw shows a broken manual valve which very well could be your problem. not impossible to confirm if you are comfortable with pulling the pan and inspecting. Good luck.

Dllrd23 is offline   Reply With Quote