Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2006, 02:23 PM   #1

Friend Was Shot

I've been sequestered at the house all weekend with my cell phone in the charger, while I was working out a carb issue on the Mach 1 and catching up on some housework. About 2:00 I got a phone call from one of the guys in my Unit because I hadn't yet shown up at Baltimore's Shock Trauma Unit. Never good.

It seems that one of the guys on the Detail took his family to the movies and dinner at the mall near our homes last night. At about 7:00pm, several young men approached and attacked another young man, who was apparently there alone. When my friend attempted to intervene to break up the action, one of the men drew a weapon and fired several shots, striking my friend. My friend drew his weapon and returned fire, putting the shooter down . A third party was struck in the leg, presumably by the original shooter. Both my friend and the shooter were flown to Shock Trauma.

I just got back. We weren't allowed in to see him right now. Please say a prayer for him. He's a great guy.

You'll also notice I mentioned a Mach 1 and a carb issue in the first paragraph so I'm not wasting bandwidth or pissing anyone off.

...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet

Last edited by Grizzly; 11-19-2006 at 03:25 PM.
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 02:47 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly
I've been sequestered at the house all weekend with my cell phone in the charger, while I was working out a carb issue on the Mach 1 and catching up on some housework. About 2:00 I got a phone call from one of the guys in my Unit because I hadn't yet shown up at Baltimore's Shock Trauma Unit. Never good.

It seems that one of the guys on the Detail took his family to the movies and dinner at the mall near our homes last night. At about 7:00pm, several young men approached and attacked another young man, who was apparently there alone. When my friend attempted to intervene to break up the action, one of the men drew a weapon and fired several shots, striking my friend. My friend drew his weapon and returned fire, putting the shooter down . A third party was struck in the leg, presumably by the original shooter. Both my friend and the shooter were flown to Shock Trauma.

I just got back. No one is allowed in to see him right now. Please say a prayer for him. He's a great guy.

You'll also notice I mentioned a Mach 1 and a carb issue in the first paragraph so I'm not wasting bandwidth or pissing anyone off.

Saw this story on tonight's news, I have family in the same business. For what it's worth, they did say everyone is expected to recover, great news for your friend and his loved ones. The limited visitation is about the investigation.
stucatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:36 PM   #3

Hi,

I hope your friend recovers soon, and fully...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:46 PM   #4

Thanks Jim,

I was just replying to a pm that another member sent me. He got hit in the leg and had surgery last night. The bullet made a big mess and he lost a lot of blood, but he'll recover. It's too early to make predictions about his return to work, but he lived and his family wasn't hurt. That's the important thing.

When I got hit a bunch of years ago, I was out for about a month. When I went back, my office mailbox was filled to the brim with bullets. Real sweethearts, those bastards.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:52 PM   #5

sorry to hear that Grizz..we'll be praying for a fast recovery for your friend
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:09 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
What is wrong with the world today?????????? Something somewhat similiar happened to my step-dad while he was working a few years ago. He was a UPS truck driver doing a business route that day. He went to deliver a package to a shop near by,he heard sounds like some people fighting down an alley. He went to check it out,someguy was being attacked by two other people. My step dad went to intervene and one of the guys went to strike him with a knife,luckily he didn't hit him. My step dad then backed off and as soon as he turned a corner called 9-1-1. He said that the thought of my mom and sisters not having a husband/dad was too much for him,so he drew the line there. I will always respect him for that.

Hopefully your friend is o.k. I will keep him in my prayers.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:54 AM   #7

Grizz, your friend is in my prayers....and so is your Mach 1.
RC-12 Guardrail
RC-7 Crazy Hawk

"If the wings are traveling faster than
the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter--
and therefore, unsafe" --Unknown
Rail26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:57 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly

I just got back. We weren't allowed in to see him right now. Please say a prayer for him. He's a great guy.

Grizz, as much as we joke around, there's no joke about my sincerity for your friend's speedy recovery. Will indeed include him/her in prayer.
jeffsquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:08 PM   #9

Just got off the phone with my buddy, the superhero . He was released from the hospital earlier today and is resting comfortably with his dog, while his family runs around getting him pillows and ice cream and the remote and stuff.

Seriously, I appreciate all of your thoughts, prayers and kind words. We are cautiously optimistic that he'll be able to return to work at some point in the near future.

Thanks again.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:34 PM   #10

Thankfully your buddy "cheated death" at the movies while trying to do the right thing!

Glad to hear the news about his recovery!

Stock w/19" Wheels, stealth K40 front and rear
Boxter is offline   Reply With Quote