Thread: Friend Was Shot
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 02:47 PM   #2
stucatz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly
I've been sequestered at the house all weekend with my cell phone in the charger, while I was working out a carb issue on the Mach 1 and catching up on some housework. About 2:00 I got a phone call from one of the guys in my Unit because I hadn't yet shown up at Baltimore's Shock Trauma Unit. Never good.

It seems that one of the guys on the Detail took his family to the movies and dinner at the mall near our homes last night. At about 7:00pm, several young men approached and attacked another young man, who was apparently there alone. When my friend attempted to intervene to break up the action, one of the men drew a weapon and fired several shots, striking my friend. My friend drew his weapon and returned fire, putting the shooter down . A third party was struck in the leg, presumably by the original shooter. Both my friend and the shooter were flown to Shock Trauma.

I just got back. No one is allowed in to see him right now. Please say a prayer for him. He's a great guy.

You'll also notice I mentioned a Mach 1 and a carb issue in the first paragraph so I'm not wasting bandwidth or pissing anyone off.

Saw this story on tonight's news, I have family in the same business. For what it's worth, they did say everyone is expected to recover, great news for your friend and his loved ones. The limited visitation is about the investigation.
stucatz is offline   Reply With Quote