Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2022, 05:26 PM   #1

Exhaust gaff 2 maybe? Dansk edition

So in my search for a more vocal exhaust note I purchased a Dansk Sport muffler. To my ears it was virtually indistinguishable from stock, although I was told before purchasing that it was the “middle of the 3 versions”. I took this to mean “sound version” but couldn’t get complete confirmation that this was the case. I ended up returning it and ultimately purchased the Dansk “sound version” from a different seller. It came today, and as I looked deeper into their description I realized it was actually the “super sound” version which is the loudest of the 3. Strike two I suppose. Tomorrow my new clamps arrive so I can test it out, hopefully it ends up being the sound I’ve been searching for. We’ll see. Luckily my wife is cool if it’s on the louder side of things. It is not our DD. Does anyone here have the Dansk Super Sport version? Thoughts?

Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 03:09 PM   #2

Have same exhaust, installed few weeks ago. Gets more deep with time. Sound is great, I have 200 cell cats on which I believe give it a bit of a rasp.

Zero drone. Sound is great when on it. Nice tone when driving around town.

You will love it.
Sand blister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 04:08 PM   #3
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
I put this one in my '97 and loved the sound. A little bit louder than stock, but not 'Loud'. It has a deeper tone and little bit of burble on a downshift. I found myself running up and down through the gears more often than needed just to hear the sound.

I sold the car to a friend and if I ever have time to do it between all my other projects, I'm going to swap a stock muffler onto his car and get my Dansk back.
Old 05-01-2022, 04:10 PM   #4

Thanks SB, I’m thinking about adding 200 cel cats or even eliminating the secondaries all together. Sound is good after install, but really not quite what I expected. Sound is a bit less than I expected, but as you stated I’ve heard it takes a little break-in time to sound as it should. Still way better than the stock.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:31 AM   #5

Mine is very similar to stock looking, not the sausage style like yours 78F350. I’m looking forward to better weather so I can put some miles on and break mine in.
Old 05-02-2022, 10:57 AM   #6
WALDMEISTER

Garage
And you might want to consider de-snorkeling, as the intake growl is a nice addition to the sound.
Caution: Revs over 6k will blow your ears away, though