Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2022, 06:49 PM   #1

Garage
Smile Help Me find my boxster in georgia

hey everyone, this is neil thomas

i got into a minor collision with my 2001 grey porsche boxster s on December 21, 2021, and had to surrender the car to barrow wreckers service in smyrna Georgia.

my car had some very distinguisble mods on it, carbon fiber racing strips on front and rear hood, 918 spyder style wheels, custom emblems, Alcantara steering wheel, etc.

the car sold at auction on January 12, 2022. by chance if you are the person who bought this car, id love to hear where it ended up. maybe the status of it?

vin number is WP0CB29861U663854 to confirm

you can contact my Instagram at instagram.com/_neilthomas or shoot me a text a 6784911971

chances are slim but that was a dream car of mine and itd mean a lot to see where its at

neilthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 03:44 AM   #2
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilthomas View Post
hey everyone, this is neil thomas

i got into a minor collision with my 2001 grey porsche boxster s on December 21, 2021, and had to surrender the car to barrow wreckers service in smyrna Georgia.

my car had some very distinguisble mods on it, carbon fiber racing strips on front and rear hood, 918 spyder style wheels, custom emblems, Alcantara steering wheel, etc.

the car sold at auction on January 12, 2022. by chance if you are the person who bought this car, id love to hear where it ended up. maybe the status of it?

you can contact my Instagram at instagram.com/_neilthomas or shoot me a text a 6784911971

chances are slim but that was a dream car of mine and itd mean a lot to see where its at

Sorry to hear about the loss of your car. Was that over a $250 tow bill? You lost your dream car over $250?
Old 04-22-2022, 06:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
Sorry to hear about the loss of your car. Was that over a $250 tow bill? You lost your dream car over $250?
Why do you think a guy's bad luck is funny?

You've heard it before but maybe it's time you hear it again... Don't be a dick...

Maybe change your tag to Troll986?

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2022, 07:05 AM   #4
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike84 View Post
Why do you think a guy's bad luck is funny?

You've heard it before but maybe it's time you hear it again... Don't be a dick...

Maybe change your tag to Troll986?

I like your posts, and find that you render up some solid advice. You're one of a few on this forum that, in my opinion, carries some great cred.

I supppose when it comes to an obvious "begs the question" post you sdimply miss the mark. I won't get into a written sparring match with you.

I thought nothing was funny about his post. The car looks beautiful. He lost it, and his explanation left me wondering.

You're telling me that when you read his post that certain of his points didn't raise an eyebrow? You're telling me that certain of his points didn't meet the "acid test"?

I don't know how you missed them. However, I had a few questions regarding his unfortunate circumstance and, to keep my inquiries to a minimum chose the $250 route.

Guy had a minor collision... had to have the car towed... had a bunch of custom parts on it... and was sold at auction. Now... I've had my car towed, and never was a tow bill equal to or exceeding the value of the car. I figured that a $250 tow bill was a good place to start... and was genuine in my inquiry. I believe you to be a smart fella, based upon your posts... but how you missed the obvious begging questions leaves me a little confused.

Maybe you had a bad day when you left that comment. I hope all is well, and look forward to learning more from your posts. Cheers!
Old 04-23-2022, 01:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
I like your posts, and find that you render up some solid advice. You're one of a few on this forum that, in my opinion, carries some great cred.

I supppose when it comes to an obvious "begs the question" post you sdimply miss the mark. I won't get into a written sparring match with you.

I thought nothing was funny about his post. The car looks beautiful. He lost it, and his explanation left me wondering.

You're telling me that when you read his post that certain of his points didn't raise an eyebrow? You're telling me that certain of his points didn't meet the "acid test"?

I don't know how you missed them. However, I had a few questions regarding his unfortunate circumstance and, to keep my inquiries to a minimum chose the $250 route.

Guy had a minor collision... had to have the car towed... had a bunch of custom parts on it... and was sold at auction. Now... I've had my car towed, and never was a tow bill equal to or exceeding the value of the car. I figured that a $250 tow bill was a good place to start... and was genuine in my inquiry. I believe you to be a smart fella, based upon your posts... but how you missed the obvious begging questions leaves me a little confused.

Maybe you had a bad day when you left that comment. I hope all is well, and look forward to learning more from your posts. Cheers!
Starter, I do agree with you that the circumstances seemed odd. I don't think it's any of our place though to judge that, or the guy. He's looking for help, not looking for us to add insult to injury. Maybe I'm wrong and he's a scammer trying to look for a mark...in which case I'm the **************************** for standing up for him. I'm not looking for a pissing match either, and I appreciate your compliments. I just want this forum to be a supportive place for discussion. Lord knows the frequency of postings over the last few years has gone to ****************, and I don't want any of us to make that any worse.

Old 04-23-2022, 03:45 PM   #6

I think we all need more info on this. If it was in an accident then insurance we prob involved which then means someone got a check for the insurance company to take ownership which is required for it to go to auction...now if there was something going on with the tow from an accident then I can absolutely see the tow company trying to screw someone with "storage fees" which after 30 days could very well equal the price of a car sometimes. I have seen as high as $120/day charges.

In the end though my only question is how the OP knows it actually sold at auction
2002 996 (SOLD)
1986 944 (gone but missed)
Stl-986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 05:51 PM   #7

Could have sworn I saw it on Peachtree last weekend.....
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 06:10 PM   #8

Sorry but this just doesn't add up. I can't find this car on any of the national auction sites and it hasn't been reported through the NICB database. It's possible no insurance was involved or it went through some local auction but given that the OP says he was 15 last year it just doesnt sound right.

Now, if you really want to know where it is just go to any local DMV and give them the vin. They can provide a report of the car for a fee as part of open records acts that every state has, that is, if any of this is really legit.

2002 996 (SOLD)
1986 944 (gone but missed)
Stl-986 is offline   Reply With Quote