Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2006, 05:03 PM   #1
Ray

Option 535 - Remote Controlled Alarm

My car is a 1999 and I still have the window sticker to the car (I'm recent 2nd owner):

I have the disabler (I think). The red LED in the front of the windshield does not flash and when I lock the car (with the key) AND there is no horn sound so no error?

I'm now thinking 3 things: 1) I dont have the remote option because my keys came with lights. 2) I don't have an alarm but maybe just the disabler? and 3) The LED is burned out?

Question: Can I get the remote alarm option installed still? (Yeah, but how much???)

Thanks!

Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:38 PM   #2

If you can do this then you do not have the M535 option.

Best bet is an aftermarket alarm system.
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:09 PM   #3
boggtown

I have that option on my 99, your key will have 2 buttons (one for locks, one for rear trunk). Its effing amazzzing, get it, or get aftermarket (with remote start )
Old 11-14-2006, 07:22 PM   #4

Hi,

I think what Tool Pants is getting at is if you can unlock the Passenger side Door with a key, you do not have the M535 Option (remote controlled Alarm System - USA).

IIRC, the Passenger side Lock Tumbler is eliminated on cars with the M535 Option, at least it is in my car...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:03 AM   #5

You don't have an alarm/keyless entry option..to install a porsche factory alarm requires that the entire car be rewired which will cost you thousands of dollars..best to go aftermarket..I have seen decent DEI systems out there for this car.

docdyh is offline   Reply With Quote