Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2006, 10:57 AM   #1

if I enable the OBC, wil the temp show up below the trip odom?

01 btw -- I know it has quite a few other features but I like just having the temp show up...so if I have it enabled, will it show without installing a switch?

bagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:04 AM   #2

Yes! You'll see the outside temp all the time. Any dealer or my mechanic can turn it on for you.

We should definitely do the dash switch hack together one Saturday... I have the switch but had the OBC turned off because my 97 is one of the first off the assembly line and it had no thermostat in the bumper like yours does and it reads "---".
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 12:01 PM   #3

On a model year 2001 you will not see anything unless you retrofit the switch or stalk as the OBC display is shared with the trip odometer display.

Well, there is a way to see the temp display by running a wire from the cluster to ground, but then you will not see the trip odometer when the temp display is on and you cannot cycle through the displays. To complicated and too much time for a DIYer, so people do not do it this way.

Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote