986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Need Radio Help Please-No Sound From Speakers (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/8179-need-radio-help-please-no-sound-speakers.html)

slick 11-13-2006 11:43 PM

Need Radio Help Please-No Sound From Speakers

Own an '03 Box, standard factory radio, has always worked fine. Driving home from work yesterday, made one stop and when I restarted the car there was no sound from the speakers. Other than no sound the radio appears to be working correctly. I pulled the fuse when I got home, it was OK, and after restarting the car, the radio took about 1 minute to reprogram but began working and speakers worked. My favorite stations were still programmed but treble, etc, needed to be reset. Went to bed. Started car up again this moring and once again, no sound from speakers. The mute is not on. Any ideas? Thanks.

MNBoxster 11-14-2006 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slick
Own an '03 Box, standard factory radio, has always worked fine. Driving home from work yesterday, made one stop and when I restarted the car there was no sound from the speakers. Other than no sound the radio appears to be working correctly. I pulled the fuse when I got home, it was OK, and after restarting the car, the radio took about 1 minute to reprogram but began working and speakers worked. My favorite stations were still programmed but treble, etc, needed to be reset. Went to bed. Started car up again this moring and once again, no sound from speakers. The mute is not on. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hi,

Pull the Faceplate, clean the electrical contacts on both the Faceplate and Head Unit with Q-tip and Alcohol. Realign Faceplate carefully and reattach. Things s/b much better. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

slick 11-14-2006 09:24 AM

How do I get the face plate off? By sliding a flathead srewdriver into the horizontal slots on either side?

CJ_Boxster 11-14-2006 10:17 AM

Do this... On the faceplate, theres a button for audio adjustment right next to the On/Off button for the radio, Press and Hold that audio adjustment button until you see a message on the faceplate that says "Linear" and all of a sudden your sound will come back.

Now, remit payment in the form of your first born child. :)

slick 11-14-2006 11:33 AM

CJ, thanks for the try but no dice. I'm afraid that either the head unit or amp is gone. I'm just out of warranty so I will see if the dealer will work with me or I'll go aftermarket. You CAN have my disobedient 16 year old son though.

CJ_Boxster 11-14-2006 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slick
CJ, thanks for the try but no dice. I'm afraid that either the head unit or amp is gone. I'm just out of warranty so I will see if the dealer will work with me or I'll go aftermarket. You CAN have my disobedient 16 year old son though.

Ok ill take him if you pay me child support lol.